This Simple Trick Will Help Keep Your Body Pillow Clean and Fresh
A body pillow isn’t just an ordinary pillow. It’s meant to provide comfort, support and a better night’s sleep. But when it comes to keeping your body pillow clean and fresh, most people don’t know how to do it properly. Fortunately, there is an easy trick that you can use to ensure your body pillow stays clean and smells fresh for longer. In this post, we will explore exactly what this trick is and how to use it to keep your body pillow looking great for years to come.
The Problem with Body Pillows
Body pillows are a great way to get a good night’s sleep, but they can be a pain to keep clean. Stains are difficult to remove and they can start to smell after a while if they aren’t cleaned properly. Here are a few tips to keep your body pillow clean and fresh:
- Wash your body pillow regularly. Stains will be easier to remove if you wash the pillowcase often.
- Use a pillow protector. This will help keep stains and smells at bay.
- Spot clean stains as soon as possible. Don’t let them set in!
- Air out your pillow often. This will help prevent musty smells from developing.
- If your body pillow is not made of washable materials, consider investing in a removable cover. This will make it much easier to keep clean.
The Simple Trick to Keeping Your Body Pillow Clean and Fresh
Over time, body pillows can become stained and smelly from sweat, skin oils, and other bodily fluids. If you don’t want to have to wash your pillow every week, there is a simple trick you can do to keep it clean and fresh.
- Cover your body pillow with a breathable, washable cover. This will help to protect your pillow from dirt and dust, as well as provide an extra layer of protection against spills and stains.
- Vacuum your pillow regularly to remove dead skin cells, dirt, and dust that can build up over time.
- Spray the surface of the pillow with a fabric freshener or deodorizer regularly to keep it smelling fresh and clean.
- You can also sprinkle some baking soda on the pillow after vacuuming to further absorb odors and keep them at bay.
- If you notice that there are any spots or stains on the pillow, treat them with a mild detergent before washing in the machine (following the manufacturer’s directions).
By following these simple steps, you can easily keep your body pillow clean and fresh for much longer! All you need is a spray bottle filled with water and a few drops of essential oil. Lavender oil is great for relaxation, lemon oil can help boost your mood, and tea tree oil has natural antibacterial properties. Simply mist your pillow with the mixture before going to bed, and enjoy the fresh smell all night long!
You can also try using a pillow protector to keep your pillow clean and fresh for longer. A pillow protector acts like a barrier between your pillow and the outside environment, preventing stains, moisture, and dust from getting inside. It’s an easy solution that will help extend the life of your body pillow.
How Often Should You Wash Your Body Pillow?
Your body pillow is an important part of your bedding and it should be treated as such. You should wash your body pillow at least once a week to remove any dirt, dust, or other buildup that can occur over time.If you have sensitive skin, you may want to wash your body pillow more often. If you live in a dusty environment, you may also want to wash your body pillow more often.
If your body pillow is machine washable, you can use the gentle cycle and cold water. If not, spot clean with a mild detergent and lukewarm water. Be sure to air dry your body pillow completely before using it again.
Other Tips for Keeping Your Body Pillow Clean and Fresh
To keep your body pillow clean and fresh, here are a few other tips:
- Wash your pillowcase often. A dirty pillowcase can transfer dirt and oil to your body pillow, making it grimy. Aim to wash your pillowcase at least once a week.
- Spot clean your body pillow as needed. If you spill something on it or it gets otherwise dirty, spot clean it with a mild detergent and water.
- Fluff your body pillow regularly. This will help prevent lumps from forming and keep it looking fresh.
Keeping your body pillow clean and fresh doesn’t have to be difficult or time consuming. With this simple trick, you can quickly restore the look and feel of your body pillow while keeping it free from dirt, dust, and unwanted odors. It’s an easy way to keep your body pillow looking great for years to come! So give this simple trick a try today and enjoy the comfort and convenience that comes with having a clean and fresh body pillow.