SITA partners with Infosys to transform Global Finance and Procurement Operations; implements geographically complex Oracle-Enabled finance program
Infosys, a global leader in consulting, technology, and outsourcing solutions announced today that it has successfully delivered a Strategic Financial Systems (SFS) program for SITA, one of the world’s leading specialists in air transport communications and IT solutions. The award-winning SFS program is one of the most geographically complex ERP-enabled finance transformations ever undertaken.
Designed by Infosys and SITA’s SFS program team, and enabled by Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1, SFS can efficiently process accounting transactions for 310 legal entities worldwide operating in 125 currencies with a globally distributed user base of 4,500 people, and support the filing of tax returns in over 150 countries worldwide.
SITA expects the SFS program will deliver, in excess of 20 percent, direct operational savings and efficiencies within the finance function over four years. It has laid a strong foundation to help SITA improve the service and business value delivered to internal customers and member shareholders globally.
- The SFS program, comprising a joint team of Infosys consultants and internal SITA resources, designed and implemented the new ‘SFS solution,’ which has transformed SITA’s finance and procurement operating model by creating a Global Finance Center to manage their geographical complexity. This program has delivered a standardized and fully integrated transaction processing, reporting and analysis solution in a truly global context.
- The Infosys / SITA team simplified a complex and fragmented legacy IT landscape by implementing a single global instance of Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 and integrating it with Oracle’s Hyperion and Business Intelligence solution.
- The Infosys / SITA team also deployed a new global payment platform and enhanced treasury operations functionality to drive significant improvements in cash management globally.
- SFS has also made business planning, budgeting, and forecasting capabilities more efficient and helped improve resource utilization, product and project profitability calculations. This is helping finance teams at SITA deliver faster, more accurate and insightful analysis of financial performance within a target five-day close window.
- SITA’s purchasing team can now extend its services to its locations globally with online procurement catalogues that aggregate and target spending to help improve buying efficiencies, and support the efficient processing of 10,000 accounts payable invoices a month.
- The new SFS solution has unified and dramatically simplified master data and accounting structures for SITA, driving enhanced compliance and internal controls, and supporting audit capabilities across the globe.
- Owned by the air transport community, SITA has around 450 members from over 300 legal entities and more than 2,800 customers across 198 countries and territories.
Colm O’Higgins, Chief Financial Officer, SITA:
“The transformation of finance and procurement functions and processes is one of the key contributors to the overall transformation of SITA. The SFS program enables our finance teams to operate with increased precision, agility and reliability, supporting airline and airport operations in 198 countries worldwide and delivering efficient operations to support our future success. Infosys has been an excellent transformation partner, bringing not only deep Oracle experience and innovative solutions, but also the necessary consulting and execution excellence around business process, systems and data design, organizational change management and value realization.”
Prasad Thrikutam, Global Head of Energy, Communications and Services, Infosys:
“The establishment of world-class financial systems and processes will help SITA improve its day-to-day operations and provide its management with information to make faster and better decisions. It will help SITA deliver tangible business value to its customers and member shareholders across the air transport industry.”
The success of this unprecedented global initiative has been recognized with Oracle Corporation awarding SITA an ‘Excellence Award – Oracle Fusion Middleware Innovation for Business Analytics’ at its annual Oracle OpenWorld conference in 2013.
- Infosys-Oracle practice
- Infosys Airline Transportation Services practice
- Infosys work in the airline industry
SITA is the world’s leading specialist in air transport communications and IT solutions. SITA delivers and manages business solutions for airline, airport, GDS, government, and other customers over the world’s most extensive network, which forms the communications backbone of the global air transport industry.
SITA is one of the world’s most international companies. Its global reach is based on local presence, with services for around 450 air transport industry members and 2,800 customers in over 200 countries and territories. Set up in 1949 with 11 member airlines, SITA today employs people of more than 140 nationalities, speaking over 70 different languages. SITA had consolidated revenues of US$1.57 billion in 2012.
Infosys is a global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing solutions. We enable clients, in more than 30 countries, to stay a step ahead of emerging business trends and outperform the competition. We help them transform and thrive in a changing world by co-creating breakthrough solutions that combine strategic insights and execution excellence. Visit http://www.infosys.com to see how Infosys (NYSE: INFY), with $7.4B in annual revenues and 158,000+ employees, is Building Tomorrow’s Enterprise® today.
Certain statements in this release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements, which involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties relating to these statements include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties regarding fluctuations in earnings, fluctuations in foreign exchange rates, our ability to manage growth, intense competition in IT services including those factors which may affect our cost advantage, wage increases in India, our ability to attract and retain highly skilled professionals, time and cost overruns on fixed-price, fixed-time frame contracts, client concentration, restrictions on immigration, industry segment concentration, our ability to manage our international operations, reduced demand for technology in our key focus areas, disruptions in telecommunication networks or system failures, our ability to successfully complete and integrate potential acquisitions, liability for damages on our service contracts, the success of the companies in which Infosys has made strategic investments, withdrawal or expiration of governmental fiscal incentives, political instability and regional conflicts, legal restrictions on raising capital or acquiring companies outsideIndia, and unauthorized use of our intellectual property and general economic conditions affecting our industry. Additional risks that could affect our future operating results are more fully described in our United States Securities and Exchange Commission filings including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year endedMarch 31, 2013 and on Form 6-K for the quarter ended December 31, 2013.These filings are available at http://www.sec.gov. Infosys may, from time to time, make additional written and oral forward-looking statements, including statements contained in the company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and our reports to shareholders. The company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the company unless it is required by law.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and / or its affiliates.
CONTACT: For further information, please contact: EMEA: Paul de Lara, Infosys, UK, +44-2075162748, Paul_deLara@infosys.com; Asia Pacific: Sukanya Ghosh, Infosys, India, +91-7829915577, Sukanya_Ghosh02@infosys.com ; The Americas: Tara Kozak-Lindsay, GolinHarris, +1-212-373-6020, TKozakLindsay@golinharris.com