Amazon.ca continues to expand selection by adding the latest wearable devices from top brands including Jawbone, Garmin, Fitbit and Motorola, as well as products from emerging brands like Lumo and Spire
SEATTLE — May 11, 2015 — Amazon.ca today announced the launch of its Wearable Technology store (www.amazon.ca/wearabletechnology) – a brand new category where customers can easily discover the latest and most innovative products in wearable technology including activity trackers, smart watches, wearable cameras and more.
“Wearable technology has proven its significance and customers are increasingly coming to Amazon.ca to shop for and learn about these devices, so we’re putting wearable technology at their fingertips,” said Alexandre Gagnon, country manager for Amazon.ca. “Our new store features a wide selection of the latest gadgets. Plus, we’re making it easy to shop for wearables with a variety of resources and convenient shipping options making shopping and browsing effortless.”
The Amazon.ca WeAmazon.caarable Technology store features hundreds of products from top brands including Jawbone, Garmin, Fitbit and Motorola, as well as products from emerging brands like Lumo and Spire.
In the store, customers will find a variety of devices such as:
- Activity trackers and sleep monitors: Manage how much activity you’re getting in a day and how well you’re sleeping at night. Shoppers can access popular products including the Garmin Vivofit 2, Jawbone Up Move Activity Tracker, as well as Fitbit Charge Wireless Activity Wristband and Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Wristband.
- The latest wearable cameras: For those who want to capture special moments or incredible action shots, the new store includes wearable and body mounted cameras like the Garmin Virb X and GoPro HERO4.
- Innovative smart watches to keep you connected: Designed to seamlessly view notifications, messages, interact with apps and make phone calls, the store will feature smart watches like Garmin Vivoactive, Fitbit Surge Fitness Superwatch and Motorola Moto 360.
- Wearables for kids and pets: From smart watches for kids to GPS pet trackers, customers will find the latest gadgets for children and pets from brands such as LeapFrog, VTech and Platinum Pets.
- Specialized golf, hiking and running watches: Find activity specific watches from brands like TomTom and Garmin to help track stats on the golf course, monitor your heart rate, and track distance and pace while running or hiking.
- New and future releases: Customers will find special pre-order pages for upcoming wearable products from top brands such as Spire, Lumo and Jawbone.
To help customers learn more about wearable technology trends and devices, the new store features editorial reviews, product videos and detailed buying guides. These customer resources provide information about device compatibility, product comparisons and use-case suggestions to help customers find the right device for them.
In addition to a wide and growing selection, Amazon.ca makes shopping for wearable technology convenient and easy. Customers can choose from various shipping options including Free Super Saver Shipping on eligible orders, Free Two-Day Shipping with Amazon Prime or Same-Day Delivery when shipping to Vancouver and Toronto. As well, customers will find helpful shopping tools including editorial and customer reviews, personalized product recommendations, and best sellers.
Today, the Amazon.ca selection has grown to more than 50 million items. In just the last year, Amazon.ca introduced a variety of new stores and programs including Home Automation, AmazonBasics, Amazon Family and Amazon Student, as well as new delivery programs such as Same-Day Delivery in Toronto and Vancouver and Amazon Pickup Points.
Amazon.com opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995. The company is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire phone, Fire tablets, and Fire TV are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon.