ENHANCEMENTS INCLUDE PLATINUM GLOBAL ACCESS FROM WEWORK, A SHOP DELL WITH BUSINESS PLATINUM BENEFIT, AND UPDATED BUSINESS TRAVEL REWARDS
American Express (NYSE: AXP) announced enhanced premium business and travel solutions for Business Platinum Card Members coming in 2019. Designed for the modern mobile and global working world, updates to the Business Platinum Card include a suite of solutions to improve productivity and an updated rewards structure that benefits business travelers’ lives on the go.
In February 2019, Business Platinum Card Members will receive information about Platinum Global Access from WeWork, which includes one year of complimentary access to WeWork locations around the world. Platinum Global Access from WeWork provides convenient workspaces, and on-site support and amenities, so Card Members can be more productive when they travel. In addition, Card Members will receive a Shop Dell with Business Platinum benefit of up to $200 in statement credits annually for purchases made directly at Dell. This benefit helps Card Members stay ahead in today’s fast-paced world with Dell’s technology solutions designed for small businesses.
“The way people do business is changing, and there are still barriers to staying productive on the go, which is why we’re introducing solutions that support our customers’ agility and productivity – anywhere they need them,” said Courtney Kelso, Head of U.S. Commercial Card Products at American Express. “The Business Platinum Card is designed to give business owners an edge, and we’re thrilled to bring WeWork and Dell on as partners to give our customers the business tools, global office space and technology they need to take their business even further.”
These new premium solutions join existing Business Platinum reward options and benefits, including:
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on prepaid travel on amextravel.com
- 1.5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible purchases of $5,000 or more, up to 1 million additional points per year
- 35% points back after use of the Pay with Points feature for all or part of an eligible flight, up to 500,000 points back per calendar year
- New Centurion® Lounge locations in Philadelphia and Hong Kong, and a newly expanded location in the Dallas Fort Worth airport. This is in addition to a collection of more than 1,200 airport lounges globally, including The Centurion Lounges, Airspace, Priority Pass Select, and Delta Sky Club when flying Delta
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, a Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓ program application, and many other existing premium travel benefits
Learn more about and find the terms for these existing rewards options and benefits of the Business Platinum Card at https://www.americanexpress.com/businessplatinum.
ONE YEAR OF GLOBAL ACCESS TO WEWORK SPACES AROUND THE WORLD
Nearly half (49%) of businesses globally are planning to implement remote working options, according to a survey of executives1. Starting in February 2019, Business Platinum Card Members will get information about Platinum Global Access from WeWork. Card Members will have complimentary access to WeWork’s global network of 335 workspaces in 83 cities and 24 countries, valued at $2,700. With Wi-Fi, pantries, dedicated onsite staff and more, WeWork’s portfolio of high-performance workspace will provide Card Members with the amenities they need to do their best work.
“With this partnership, Business Platinum Card Members will not only have access to WeWork’s network of workspace and amenities, but will be part of WeWork’s community of 320,000 members around the world,” said Marcy Shinder, Global Head of Marketing at WeWork. “WeWork member companies report that their proximity to other members gives them a competitive edge, and 81 percent credit WeWork with improving their company’s productivity. We’re excited to support American Express Card Members with the space, community and services they need to continue to grow and succeed.”
SHOP DELL WITH BUSINESS PLATINUM FOR BUSINESS PURCHASES
Also starting in February 2019, Business Platinum Card Members can take advantage of an exclusive benefit from Dell helping improve productivity and empower their business with the tools and technology necessary to be successful. Technology topped the list of planned capital investments in a survey of U.S. business owners2. The new partnership with Dell provides Business Platinum Card Members with up to $200 in statement credits annually for purchases made directly at Dell. Card Members will receive more information about this benefit and how to enroll in the new Shop Dell with Business Platinum benefit in February 2019.
MAKE BUSINESS TRAVEL EVEN MORE PRODUCTIVE – AND ENJOYABLE
Throughout 2019, Business Platinum Card Members will receive more information about the growing suite of benefits, more value for travel purchases and new ways to earn and use points, including:
- $100 hotel credit on qualifying charges at hundreds of properties in The Hotel Collection (increased from $75) – for new reservations made after January 1, 2019 when booked through Amex Travel.
- Card Members can now earn 5X Membership Rewards® or use Pay with Points on prepaid bookings of select Fine Hotels & Resorts® properties on amextravel.com, with expansion to more properties throughout 2019.
- New Centurion® Lounge locations coming to New York JFK, LA and Denver airports, as well as the expanded Centurion Lounge in Miami.
UNLOCK FLEXIBLE FINANCING SOLUTIONS
In addition to new and existing benefits and a heritage of personalized service, eligible Card Members with Business Platinum may also qualify for products that provide easy and quick financing options, including:
- Working Capital Terms offers short term financing options to help businesses pay vendor invoices and manage cash flow. More information can be found here.
- Business Loans, a term loan, helps pre-approved American Express Business Card Members with access to working capital and short term financing. More information can be found here.
Business Platinum Card Members can also access a suite of other business productivity solutions, including the ability to sync a number of tools to help with expense organization:
- Spend Manager – An app that helps businesses simplify, organize and control expenses by capturing receipt images and matching them to Business Card and Corporate Card accounts.
- Connect to QuickBooks – A tool that automatically transfers Business Card transactions to Card Member’s QuickBooks daily.
- Year End Summary – A tool that allows Card Members to see a complete summary categorizing their spend by month and purchase.
FEE CHANGE DETAILS
Along with these changes the annual membership fee for Business Platinum will be $595. This fee increase will not take effect until the Card Member’s next renewal date on or after the February 2019 billing cycle. Business Platinum Card Members will receive a notice with more details about fee changes and added offers and benefits soon.
More information and full benefits of the Business Platinum Card can be found at https://www.americanexpress.com/businessplatinum.
 The American Express SME Pulse 2018: Strategies for Sustainable Growth report was conducted by Oxford Economics on behalf of American Express. In October and November 2017, Oxford Economics surveyed senior executives at 3,000 small and mid-sized enterprises (SMEs), ranging in size from 10 to 250 employees across 12 countries and 16 industries.
2 The 2017 American Express OPEN Small Business Monitor is based on a nationally representative sample of 700 U.S. small business owners/managers of companies with fewer than 100 employees. The anonymous survey was conducted via telephone by Ebiquity on March 29 – April 21, 2017. The poll has a margin of error of +/- 3.7% at the 95% level of confidence.
ABOUT AMERICAN EXPRESS
American Express is a globally integrated payments company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Learn more at americanexpress.com, and connect with us on facebook.com/americanexpress, instagram.com/americanexpress, Linkedin.com/company/american-express, twitter.com/americanexpress, and youtube.com/americanexpress.
Source: American Express