Bringing the Power of the Cloud to 5G and Beyond
Oracle is proud to provide Oracle Cloud technology and engineering resources to the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy’s program Platforms Enabling Advanced Wireless Program (PAWR). The program is led by the National Science Foundation, the nonprofit organization US Ignite, and a consortium of industry and academic leaders collaborating to better understand the unique challenges and opportunities created by next generation platforms for networking.
Oracle Communications will provide core network control, analytics and network orchestration technology to researchers and help them understand the impact of subscriber behavior, enhance orchestration, and bolster security. Oracle’s contributions, in this groundbreaking initiative, will aid the advancement in wireless technology areas by:
- Discovering how applied analytics can help minimize negative impacts on orchestration, and improve overall network and service performance;
- Monitoring and measuring networks in the new environment to provide optimal performance and reliability;
- Analyzing capacity in a virtual network, making resources available (such as hardware and licenses) when needed;
- Identifying new formulas and metrics to engineer and secure cloud-based telecom networks;
- Determining what impact subscriber behaviors and events have on network/service orchestration.
The research and development from Oracle will assist in the understanding of protecting from network abuse through legitimate network connections to ensure even ‘trusted’ networks cannot abuse their access. This will include analyzing the impact from other networks through misconfigurations or malformed packets. Additionally, our contributions will help set up standards, procedures and principles for the Telecommunications cloud.
“We see an opportunity to bring the power and flexibility of the cloud to telecommunications,” said Doug Suriano, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications. “As a means to better understand the impact of subscriber behaviors to traffic engineering, how analytics can enhance orchestration at the network and service levels, and how to bolster security of the control plane to protect against malicious behavior.”
Oracle is proud to join as a founding board member of PAWR, an organization steering the research agenda and policy issues for US Ignite, responsible for the design, scope, and research goals for its members.
Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications and platform services. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.