New HP Z lineup delivers unmatched performance, expandability and security
HP Inc. revealed the world’s most powerful entry workstations1 for product designers, architects, creative professionals, OEMs, educators and financial/office workers. The bold new HP Z Workstation lineup will enhance productivity of professional workflows and deliver powerhouse cost-optimized performance with software-certified experiences, without sacrificing graphics power, expandability, seamless experience or security.
“The number one thing we hear from creative professionals and other power users is the need for higher-performance PCs built to meet their needs. Our new HP Z workstation portfolio addresses this by delivering the world’s most powerful entry workstations,” said Xavier Garcia, vice president and general manager, HP Z Workstations, HP Inc. “By combining superb graphics performance, flexible configuration options, integrated software experiences in the world’s most secure desktop workstations2, the new HP Z lineup has been thoughtfully designed to unleash creativity, maximize productivity and reinvent future workflows.”
Workstation users are experiencing rapid workflow changes that require hardware and technology capabilities to keep pace. The workflows are becoming more complex, more customized and more time constrained. To remain on schedule, users need systems that can deliver continuous, fast, seamless and future-ready performance, as well as reliable workstations that can protect data and keep work secure.
The new HP entry workstations, the HP Z2 Mini, HP Z2 Small Form Factor and HP Z2 Tower, as well as the HP EliteDesk 800 Workstation Edition are the world’s most secure and manageable workstations2. Built-in end-to-end HP security services provide powerful protection from evolving malware threats with the first and only self-healing BIOS and unique HP endpoint security controller. Customers get powerful protection from hardware-enforced security solutions including HP Sure Start Gen43 and HP Sure Run4 which help keep critical processes running, even if malware tries to stop them. Additionally, HP’s Manageability Kit Gen 2 easily manages multiple devices.
All HP Z2 Workstations which are designed to 24/7 workstation reliability standards, can now connect with Thunderbolt™ for fast device connections and offer an expansive array of certifications for the most popular applications. HP Performance Advisor is available to optimize software and drivers, and customers can deploy Intel® Xeon® processors and ECC memory for added reliability. The customization, expandability, performance upgradeability and I/O options help future-proof HP Z Workstation purchases.
Performance to Dramatically Improve Workflows
Today, workstation users demand accelerated performance to dramatically improve workflows. This fourth-generation entry HP Z Workstation family includes:
HP Z2 Mini G4 Workstation, the world’s most powerful mini workstation5, delivers next-level performance in a remarkably small package (2.7 liters in total volume). Compared to the previous generation HP Z2 Mini, it has two times more graphics power. Customers will experience industry-leading visual compute performance from the NVIDIA® Quadro® P620 or NVIDIA Quadro P1000 GPU. In addition, there is the option for AMD Radeon Pro™ WX4150 graphics. The whisper-quiet HP Z2 Mini is the world’s quietest mini workstation6.
Its stunning, versatile, space-saving design allows users the flexibility to mount under a desk, behind a display or in a rack — up to 56 HP Z2 Mini workstations will fit in a standard 42U rack with the custom rackmount bracket accessory7. With its flexible I/O, users can configure the system for connectivity of legacy serial ports, as well as support for up to six displays for peripheral and display connectivity needs. The innovative design and flexibility also let users create their ideal setup—from the trading desk to the shop floor to the data center. For added reliability, the HP Z2 G4 Mini, the world’s only mini workstation with six core Intel® Xeon® Processors8, allows customers to deploy it in mission critical environments with confidence.
HP Z2 Small Form Factor (SFF) G4 Workstation delivers 50 percent more processing power than the previous generation in the exact same super compact size. The six core CPU provides significant performance boosts making the HP Z2 SFF the world’s most powerful small form factor workstation9. The HP Z2 SFF takes customization to the next level with flexible I/O options that free up valuable PCIe slots, while providing customization for legacy or specialized equipment, and for changing display needs.
As the world’s most expandable commercial SFF PC10, the HP Z2 G4 SFF is the perfect hardware solution for customization needs. It ships with four PCIe slots and dual M.2 storage slots. Its flexible I/O option enables users to customize networking, I/O or display needs without taking up PCIe slots or adding external adapters. With such upgradeable performance and expandability features, as well as versatile mounting and installation options, the Z2 SFF is ideally suited for AEC, product developers and OEM power users.
HP Z2 Tower G4 Workstation, the world’s most powerful entry workstation11, is designed to tackle complex workloads like BIM and rendering with up to Ultra 3D graphics and the latest Intel® Core™ or Intel® Xeon® processors. The HP Z2 Tower is equipped to handle demanding 3D projects with over 60 percent more graphics power than the previous generation. With high clock speeds, users can get full unthrottled performance, even with the heaviest workloads.
The new design features front and rear ledges so users can easily move the system from location to location and is 13 percent smaller than the previous generation. To boost reliability, the HP Z2 Tower and the SFF offer HP’s innovative optional dust filter to keep the system clean while sitting on a factory floor or machining environment. With dual M.2 storage slots users can install the pro-grade storage and optional self-encryption drives to help ensure valuable IP cannot be accessed.
For demanding PC users who want to upgrade their performance, and have a professional certified desktop, HP offers the HP EliteDesk 800 Workstation Edition. As the most affordable professional certified commercial desktop12, it is ideal for users who want to upgrade to a workstation-class desktop with integrated ISV certified applications experience.
Designed for 2D/3D design and drafting, this SolidWorks and AutoCAD-approved desktop gives users seamless, reliable performance not available in a business-class PC. It is also out-of-the box optimized for leading VR engines, allowing VR developers to bring their content to life with NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1080. The HP EliteDesk 800 Workstation Edition includes specialized workstation customer support and has broad expandability.
Pricing and Availability
- HP Z2 Mini Workstation is expected to be available later this month for a starting price of $799.
- HP Z2 Small Form Factor Workstation is expected to be available later this month for a starting price of $749.
- HP Z2 Tower Workstation is expected to be available later this month for a starting price of $769.
- HP EliteDesk 800 Workstation Edition is expected to be available later this month for a starting price of $642, including NVIDIA Quadro® P400 graphics.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
1. Based on HP’s internal analysis of ISV-certified entry workstations as of July 2018, and power based on maximum processor, graphics, memory.
2. Most secure based on HP’s unique and comprehensive security capabilities at no additional cost and HP’s Manageability Integration Kit’s management of every aspect of a PC including hardware, BIOS and software management using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager among desktop workstation vendors as of September 25, 2017 on HP Desktop Workstation with 7th Gen Intel® Processors.
3. HP Sure Start Gen4 is available on HP Elite and HP Workstation products equipped with 8th generation Intel® or AMD processors.
4. HP Sure Run is available on (select?) HP Z workstation products equipped with 8th generation Intel® processors.
5. Based on HP’s internal analysis of mini workstations of < 3L with ISV certified applications as of July 2018, and power based on maximum processor, graphics, memory.
6. Based on HPs internal analysis of noise emission tests among mini workstations of < 3L with ISV certified applications, ECC memory, and Intel® Xeon® quad core or higher processor as of July 2018.
7. Optional or configurable feature.
8. Based on HP’s internal analysis of mini workstations of < 3L with ISV certified applications, ECC memory, and Intel® Xeon® quad core or higher processor as of July 2018 and power based on maximum processor, graphics, memory.
9. Based on HP’s internal analysis of ISV-certified small form factor workstations as of July 2018 and power based on maximum processor, graphics, memory.
10. Based on HP’s internal analysis of ISV Certified entry Tower Workstations with C236 and C246 chipsets. Most expandable based on number of bays, PCIe slots, total ports, supported power supply, and supported 3D graphics cards as of July 2018
11. Based on HP’s internal analysis of ISV-certified entry tower workstations as of July 2018 and power based on maximum processor, graphics, memory.
12. Based on HP’s internal analysis of original manufacturers’ list prices of ISV certified desktop PCs and HP EliteDesk 800 Workstation edition with optional P400 graphics and their currently listed for sale prices as of July 2018.