Honda confirmed the return of an array of four-wheel powersports vehicles for the 2021 model year, including two Pioneer® multipurpose side-by-sides and four FourTrax® multipurpose ATVs.
Built at Honda of South Carolina in Timmonsville, South Carolina, these models continue to set standards within their respective categories. The Pioneer 1000 and 700 multipurpose side-by-side models offer unmatched versatility, as does the proven FourTrax multipurpose ATV lineup, including the Rancher, Foreman 4×4, Foreman Rubicon and Rincon.
“Honda’s four-wheel lineup has always been about meeting customers’ needs, and the 2021 lineup confirms that,” said Chris Cox, American Honda’s Manager of Experiential Marketing/Public Relations. “Whether it’s tackling a job, having a good time, or a combination of both, our Pioneer and FourTrax models deliver.
Honda’s Pioneer 1000 blends comfort, handling and hauling with user-friendly features, making it the industry’s benchmark multipurpose side-by-side and an ideal option for work or play. Featuring a high-tech automatic six-speed Dual Clutch Transmission, the Pioneer 1000 is available in three-person and five-person versions, as well as standard, Deluxe and Limited Edition (LE) variations. The latter is a five-seater that features adjustable FOX® Quick Switch 3 shocks and smart technology such as hill-start assist, Electronic Brakeforce Distribution and the i-4WD traction-management system, another powersports exclusive that is a direct result of Honda’s automotive-engineering expertise.
- Pioneer 1000-5 LE: Matte Molasses Brown
- Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe: Honda Phantom Camo®, Red, Vapor White
- Pioneer 1000-5: Red, Olive
- Pioneer 1000 LE: Matte Green Metallic
- Pioneer 1000 Deluxe: Honda Phantom Camo®, Red, Reactor Blue
- Pioneer 1000: Red, Olive,
- Price: Starting at $15,799
- Availability: July
Versatility is the name of the game when it comes to the successful Pioneer 700. A midsize multipurpose side-by-side designed for work or play, the Pioneer 700 strikes a balance between size and capability, while still offering standout features to help get the job done. Two- and four-seat versions are available in standard and Deluxe iterations, the latter touting a mix of eye-catching and performance-enhancing features like painted plastic, aluminum wheels, Electric Power Steering (EPS) and color-matched suspension springs. The Deluxe versions also let drivers switch between automatic and manual shifting. For an added dose of flexibility, the four-seat versions can be converted to a two-seat configuration via Honda’s QuickFlip™ seating.
- Pioneer 700-4 Deluxe: Honda Phantom Camo, Matte Molasses Brown
- Pioneer 700-4: Red, Olive
- Pioneer 700 Deluxe: Honda Phantom Camo, Pearl Red
- Pioneer 700: Olive
- Price: Starting at $10,999
- Availability: July / August
FourTrax Foreman Rubicon
The FourTrax Foreman Rubicon is ready to see any job through, but it’s also known for delivering smiles in the process. Equipped with a 518cc engine offering great torque and low- to midrange power, the Foreman Rubicon manages all this through a combination of class-leading performance, Honda reliability and an Independent Rear Suspension system offering a plush ride and all-day comfort. Versions are available with either a Dual Clutch Transmission or a manual transmission and power steering. On DCT versions, an easy-to-use reverse switch simplifies the transition into and out of reverse. DCT versions also feature an override that enables manual gear shifting even when in automatic mode, as well as smooth shifting thanks to a finely tuned engine-rpm sensing system. The Rubicon suits owners’ everyday needs, with a handy utility box and racks that are designed to accept Honda Pro-Connect™ accessories.
- FourTrax Foreman Rubicon DCT EPS Deluxe: Honda Phantom Camo, Matte Molasses Brown
- FourTrax Foreman Rubicon DCT EPS: Red, Olive
- FourTrax Foreman Rubicon DCT: Red, Olive
- FourTrax Foreman Rubicon 4×4 EPS: Honda Phantom Camo, Red, Matte Green Metallic
- Price: Starting at $8,699
- Availability: July
FourTrax Foreman 4×4
Honda’s FourTrax Foreman 4×4 does it all. The standard-setter when it comes to work, this model can also be found delivering hours of fun when the workday is finished. Available in three iterations—a standard version, another that adds Electric Power Steering and a third that features both EPS and Electric Shifting—the Foreman is powered by a 518cc engine that delivers strong acceleration and powerful towing muscle thanks to its low- and midrange power. On the electric-shift-equipped model, an easy-to-access and -operate reverse gear makes quick work of any task that requires frequent backing up. The swingarm-style rear suspension is durable, easy to maintain and allows more comfortable towing (the hitch is swingarm-mounted). A convenient rack system gives modular options with Honda Pro-Connect optional accessories, too.
- FourTrax Foreman 4×4 ES EPS: Honda Phantom Camo, Red, Moose Brown
- FourTrax Foreman 4X4 EPS: Honda Phantom Camo, Red, Olive
- FourTrax Foreman 4×4: Honda Phantom Camo, Red, Olive
- Price: Starting at $7,399
- Availability: July / August
Honda continues to sell more multipurpose ATVs than any other manufacturer, thanks in large part to the FourTrax Rancher, which has long been a mainstay in the lineup. Whether getting work done on the farm or having fun on the trail, the Rancher is up to the task. Featuring eight different versions, the Rancher family offers the choice between Independent Rear Suspension or a swingarm-style rear end. Versions with Honda’s Dual Clutch Transmission or Electric Shifting feature Honda’s reverse-engagement lever, which makes the shift into and out of reverse a hassle-free affair. For storing work or play essentials, the Rancher comes standard with a front utility box that can be reached from the riding position when parked, and it accepts accessories from Honda’s Pro-Connect system, which makes installing and removing luggage boxes a breeze.
- FourTrax Rancher 4×4 AT IRS EPS: Honda Phantom Camo, Red, Reactor Blue
- FourTrax Rancher 4×4 AT IRS: Red, Olive
- FourTrax Rancher 4×4 AT EPS: Honda Phantom Camo, Red, Shale Blue
- FourTrax Rancher 4×4 EPS: Honda Phantom Camo, Red, Olive
- FourTrax Rancher 4×4 ES: Honda Phantom Camo, Red, Olive
- FourTrax Rancher 4×4: Honda Phantom Camo, Red, Olive
- FourTrax Rancher ES: Red, Olive
- FourTrax Rancher: Red, Olive
- Price: Starting at $5,499
- Availability: July / August / December
Rugged, purposeful and strong, the FourTrax Rincon starts with Honda’s largest ATV engine and adds ride-enhancing Independent Rear Suspension and a three-speed automatic transmission. Efficient as it is purposeful, the liquid-cooled 675cc single-cylinder power plant has its crankshaft aligned with the vehicle’s direction of travel for a direct link to the rear axle, while premium long-travel suspension, rugged bodywork and steel racks offer the strong performance needed in the rugged world of ATVs. Part luxury ATV and part hard worker, the Rincon is a won’t-quit machine that’s always willing to put in the work while also maintaining rider comfort.
- Color: Red
- Price: $9,499
- Availability: July