Chevrolet Performance announced the all-new LS427/570 crate engine* — an enhanced version of the production-based LS7 7.0L engine that offers more horsepower, more torque and, thanks to a simpler wet-sump oiling system, easier installation.
A new, high-lift camshaft developed specifically for this engine helps produce a GM-estimated 570 horsepower and 540 lb-ft of torque — increases of 65 horsepower and 70 lb-ft over the regular-production engine — while the new wet-sump oiling system eliminates the need for the installer to incorporate a separate oil tank, oil lines and other ancillary components to support the production LS7’s dry-sump system.
“The all-new LS427/570 builds on the legendary, racing-bred performance of the LS7 to create the most powerful naturally-aspirated LS crate engine in our portfolio,” said Jessica Earl, GM specialist marketing group manager.
Compared to the production LS7 crate engine assembly, the LS427/570 features an F-body aluminum oil pan and a specific wet-sump oil pump. Additional engine highlights include:
- Unique high-lift hydraulic roller camshaft with 0.591-inch intake/0.590-inch exhaust lift; 227-degree intake/242-degree exhaust duration; and a lobe separation angle of 116 degrees
- Unique high-rate valve springs
- Camaro fifth-generation Z/28 exhaust manifolds
- Low-profile LS7 EFI intake manifold with fuel rails, injectors and throttle body installed
- Robust LS7 rotating assembly featuring a forged steel crankshaft and titanium connecting rods
- CNC-ported cylinder heads featuring 2.20-inch titanium intake valves and 1.61-inch sodium-filled exhaust valves
- Fourteen-inch Camaro Z/28 168-tooth manual transmission flywheel
- Must be used with LS427/570 Engine Controller P/N 19420000 (sold separately)
- Chevrolet Performance recommends Mobil 1 15W50 fully synthetic motor oil to be used with the engine
The new LS427/570 is available for immediate ordering through Chevrolet Performance dealers and retailers. Go to www.chevrolet.com/performance to locate a dealer.
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is one of the world’s largest car brands, doing business in more than 100 countries and selling more than 4.0 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature engaging performance, design that makes the heart beat, passive and active safety features and easy-to-use technology, all at a value. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.