As the beach season arrives, a survey* conducted for Evolution Fresh® confirms that exercise-obsessed Americans actually want to sweat – nearly 90 percent of those who work out regularly say that is a goal, with 49 percent agreeing with the statement, “the sweatier the workout, the better.” Running, the survey found, is American’s number one favorite way to work up a sweat. Those surveyed also understand the importance of rehydrating, choosing that as the most important post-workout activity.
Evolution Fresh® cold-pressed Watermelon Juice is up to the task: In an eight-ounce serving, the high pressure processed juice has almost as much potassium as a banana – 330 milligrams.
To craft the new juice, Evolution Fresh cold presses watermelons that are picked at the peak of freshness, and adds a squeeze of fresh lemon to brighten the naturally sweet flavor. The replenishing juice is 100 percent fruit, with no added sweeteners, artificial colors or flavors. The survey found running, followed by high intensity interval training, topped the list for favorite workouts for sweating.
The top five sweatiest workouts are:
- Running (35 percent)
- High-intensity interval training (25 percent)
- Spinning (12 percent)
- Hot Yoga (10 percent)
- Weightlifting (9 percent)
Expert tips to keeping cool when working out
To help fitness-minded Americans beat the summer heat, Evolution Fresh teamed up with Chris Mohr, Registered Dietitian and fitness expert, to share five ways to keep cool during those summer fitness sessions.
- Start hydrated, stay hydrated. Hydrating before and during a workout is just as important as hydrating after you work out. For every one pound of water weight lost during your workout, your body requires two cups of fluids to rehydrate properly.
- Take a water(melon) break. When you sweat, you lose important electrolytes like potassium that fuel peak performance. One best-tasting refreshing option is Evolution Fresh® cold-pressed Watermelon Juice.
- Skip the spice. When fueling up pre-workout, avoid spicy foods that can stimulate heat production. Instead, keep cool with foods that are higher in carbs and protein and easy to digest, like a banana with peanut butter or Greek yogurt and berries.
- Stop, drop and foam-roll. To cool down post-workout, use a foam-roller to help ease muscle tension and improve blood circulation for a faster recovery.
- Rest to recover. Recovering post workout goes beyond your 30-minute cool-down routine. Sleep is one of the best tools for maximizing performance. Aim for seven to eight hours each night as a planned period of recovery.
“For fitness fanatics who want an extra sweaty session, try a high-intensity workout with running intervals and be sure to hydrate throughout your fitness routine, with an all-natural option,” Mohr recommends.
All-natural Evolution Fresh® cold-pressed Watermelon Juice is on shelves now at participating grocery retailers nationwide.
About the Survey
The Evolution Fresh survey was conducted by Google Surveys among 1,029 U.S. adults ages 18+, who work out regularly (one or more times each week) in May 2017.