- Dell’s latest fully rugged tablet is lighter, faster, and more capable than ever with improved battery life, updated processor options and storage upgrades
- Built to withstand the rigors of use in extreme environments and features comprehensive global support services with integrated security and manageability features
- Sharp, ultra-bright high-resolution FHD display makes it simple to work, night or day with responsive multi-finger touch support
Dell is announcing the launch of the Latitude 7212 Rugged Extreme Tablet, delivering the uncompromised performance, flexibility and reliability needed for the world’s toughest jobs and harshest environments. Digital transformation in the military, public safety, industrial and energy sectors demands purpose-built technology that is designed with portability and durability in mind. Organizations of all sizes depend on the proven performance our latest tablet brings for mission critical applications and workflows.
Whether it’s extreme cold, heat, humidity, corrosive sand or sea water, the Dell Latitude 7212 Rugged Extreme Tablet is built to withstand the most brutal environments. Backed by Dell’s global support and supply chain services, this intelligently tough tablet has been engineered to be lighter and more powerful than previous generations while providing more performance and battery life. Weighing just over 2.8 lbs. for base configurations¹ and built with the latest Intel 6th and 7th Generation Core I-series 15 watt processors, our newest offering delivers up to 19 hours of battery life with dual, hot-swappable batteries². Our customers depend on investment protection and despite all of these improvements on the inside, it is still backward compatible with docking solutions for desks and vehicles and also offers enterprise-ready security and manageability to safeguard data and sensitive information for field service, public safety and military professionals.
The new Latitude 7212 Rugged Extreme tablet offers a competitive set of features available on the market and does so with IT budgets and end users in mind:
- Scalable performance with 6th and 7th generation Intel Core i-series CPUs for both Windows 7 and Windows 10 support
- Up to 16GB of memory³ – double the amount of the previous generation
- Up to 1TB of removable PCI-Express NVMe SSD storage for power users and applications that need impressive speed and storage capacity
- Sophisticated 4th generation Dell Quad-Cool passive and active thermal management system uses a sealed fan assembly that efficiently dissipates heat while preventing water and dust particles from entering the device
- Freedom from wires with backward compatible pogo docking for desk and vehicle and USB Type C connectivity with one wire docking
- Optional dedicated GPS location capabilities and optional integrated 4GLTE to keep users connected to mission critical systems on the go
- A multi-touch glove capable bright and vivid 11.6” FHD display that features a Gorilla Glass cover for unparalleled outdoor view-ability and durability
- The Dell Rugged ecosystem includes an assortment of handles and straps that have been redesigned for maximum comfort and ease of use for highly mobile users
- Dell’s new external battery charger provides on-the-go charging of up to 2 extra batteries for extended battery life on those long workdays or 24-hour shift environments
- A new kickstand that rotates a full 180 degrees for a variety of comfortable viewing angles
- Forward and backward compatibility for ecosystem and expansion, making it a future-proof investment whether as a replacement or a new purchase
“Today’s mobile workforce is not limited to those with desk jobs. Military, public safety, manufacturing, infrastructure, field service, energy and adventure sectors are also increasingly mobile and require a device that they can rely on completely to perform mission critical functions in extreme conditions,” said Shannon MacKay, vice president, Dell Rugged. “The new Latitude 7212 Rugged Extreme Tablet meets and exceeds those needs with a new light-weight form factor, optimized front of screen experience and best-in-class performance. It also delivers on our commitment to our customers’ requests for a stable and long-life cycle ecosystem. The new Rugged Extreme Tablet is a device tested and designed to get work done, no matter how harsh the environmental conditions may be.”
The Dell Latitude 7212 Rugged Extreme Tablet is available with ProSupport Plus with SupportAssist, delivering remote monitoring technology that quickly reacts to, and even gets ahead of end-user needs. ProSupport Plus is a highly responsive, proactive and predictive support experience that accelerates issue resolution, identifies potential problems before they occur and keeps systems optimized and running with peak performance.4
The Dell Latitude 7212 Rugged Extreme Tablet is available globally now. Click here for more information.
With award-winning desktops, laptops, 2-in-1s and thin clients, powerful workstations and rugged devices made for specialized environments, monitors, endpoint security solutions and services, Dell gives today’s workforce what they need to securely connect, produce, and collaborate from anywhere at any time. Dell, a part of Dell Technologies, services customers from consumers to organizations of all sizes across 180 countries with the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative end-user portfolio.