Company strengthens award-winning Insurance division; expands senior leadership team
Continuing to invest in its long-standing Insurance business, Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC), has hired more than 50 senior leaders across its Insurance division in recent months. Named best Insurance Broker in North America1, Wells Fargo Insurance (WFI), which includes the Insurance Brokerage and Consulting and Personal and Small Business Insurance distribution businesses, provides insurance and risk management solutions. The recent WFI hires support the business’ plans to increase cross-sell, attract new business, enhance customer service and leverage industry expertise. The business has hired highly experienced and talented individuals for a number of key roles, including business development officers, national practice managers and market leaders.
“Everyone needs insurance; it’s one of the key businesses that can serve each of the bank’s customers – from consumers to large corporations,” said Tim Sloan, head of Wells Fargo’s Wholesale Banking group. “Insurance plays an important role in Wells Fargo’s diversified business model. By continuing to invest in new talent, we strengthen the business and can better serve both the financial and insurance needs of our customers.”
Insurance Brokerage & Consulting (IBC):
Working closely with Wells Fargo’s Commercial, Corporate and Private Banking groups, IBC provides middle market, large corporate and high net worth clients with risk management solutions, including property and casualty, professional risk and life products, employee benefits, and private risk. IBC also provides targeted insurance programs to specialized industries including real estate, health care, energy, aviation, and hospitality through National Practices and Special Risk group.
Recent IBC hires include:
- Dennis Bass: Managing Director for Nevada; 13-year company veteran who most recently served as business development officer for the Greater Sacramento region
- Tony Beal: Property & Casualty Market Relationship Leader; joined WFI’s strategy team in March 2015 from Travelers Insurance
- Todd Belden: Managing Director for Cincinnati; joined WFI in February 2015 from Hylant Insurance
- Doug Beller: Managing Director for South Florida; joined WFI in January 2015 from USI Insurance Services
- Stephen Elkins: Managing Director for St. Louis; joined WFI in February 2015 from Health Alliance
- Alex Evans: National Segment Leader for Risk Management and International; joined WFI in September 2014 from Aon
- Mitzi Herrig: Managing Director for North Florida; three-year company veteran who most recently led WFI’s property and casualty and employee benefits business in Atlanta
- David Karr: Casualty National Practice Leader; joined WFI in April 2015 from Marsh
- Cindy Larsen: Workers Compensation Claims Leader; joined WFI in March 2015 from Oldcastle, Inc.
- Kristine Meuse: National Cross-Sell Leader; joined WFI in March 2015 from Marsh
- Kyle Samuel: Managing Director for Metro Washington D.C. and Virginia; joined WFI in September 2014 from Aon
- Erin Burns Walters: Professional Risk National Practice Leader; joined WFI in January 2015 from RCM&D
Personal and Small Business Insurance (PSBI):
Through PSBI, Wells Fargo provides retail and small business customers with access to personal and business insurance products including auto, home, umbrella, renters and small business insurance.
Recent PSBI hires include:
- Maria Biessener Duncan: Customer Service Manager for Personal Insurance; 8-year company veteran who most recently served as Retirement Service Center Director from Wells Fargo Institutional Retirement and Trust
- David Griffiths: National Sales Manager for Personal Insurance; 12-year company veteran who most recently served as Regional Affluent Sales Leader for the Community Bank’s Western Mountain region
- Anne Stuneck: Small Business Product Manager; joined WFI in April 2015 from Hanover Insurance Group32 Business Development Officers who develop sales strategy, goals and objectives for cross-selling with all lines of Insurance
“Our team members are our competitive advantage and investing in new talent is a top priority,” said Laura Schupbach, head of Wells Fargo Insurance. “Wells Fargo Insurance will continue to recruit team members who bring leading industry and bank expertise as we grow the business and serve the insurance needs of more customers.”
About Wells Fargo Insurance
Recently named Best Insurance Broker in the U.S. by Global Finance Magazine, Wells Fargo Insurance provides solutions for a wide range of customers, including retail consumers, high net worth individuals, small businesses, as well as middle market and large corporate customers. Wells Fargo Insurance writes or places $11 billion of risk premiums annually in property, casualty, benefits, international, personal lines, and life products and also includes one of the nation’s leading crop insurance provider, Rural Community Insurance Services (RCIS).
About Wells Fargo & Company
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,700 locations, 12,500 ATMs, and the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 36 countries to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 266,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 29 on Fortune’s 2014 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy all our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.