Camry and Corolla to Create Excitement With Arrival of Special Edition Models
Limited Production Models Equipped With Unique Sport-Themed Features
Camry Special Edition
When redesigning the Camry for 2015, Toyota went bumper to bumper and floor to roof, changing or re-engineering nearly 2,000 parts. Only the roof remained unchanged, and it capped off the boldest Camry ever. Now, only one year after this major redesign, America’s best-selling car will offer the 2016 Camry Special Edition for owner’s looking for an extra dose of both aggressiveness and technology. Based on the youthful Camry SE, the limited production Camry will add sporty interior and exterior features. In addition to features found on the Camry SE, standard equipment on the Special Edition will include:
- Unique 18-inch alloy wheels with machined face contrasted with gloss black painted accents and P225/45R18 tires
- Power tilt/slide moonroof
- Smoked tail lamp treatment
- Blue Streak Metallic and Blizzard Pearl exterior colors
- Sport fabric seats with blue inserts and blue contrast stitching; 8-way power-adjusted driver’s seat with power lumbar support; 4-way adjustable front passenger seat
- Dark Blue interior trim
- Unique meter cluster with TFT Multi-Information Display
- Standard Entune Audio Plus with Connected Navigation
- Standard Smart Key System on front doors and trunk with Push Button Start
- Standard Qi-compatible wireless smartphone charging
- Unique Special Edition badge and Camry Special Edition logo floor mats
The Camry Special Edition will be powered by a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine paired with a six-speed automatic transmission. Like all Toyota vehicles, the Camry Special Edition will come standard with the Star Safety System.
The Camry Special Edition will carry a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $25,715.
Production of the Camry Special Edition will be limited to approximately 12,000 units and will run from August 2015 to January 2016.
Corolla Special Edition
The iconic Toyota Corolla is the world’s best-selling name plate of all-time with over 40 million sold since 1966. With its all-new 11th generation introduced in 2014, the current Corolla is the roomiest and most fuel-efficient ever.
Corolla will add more driving excitement with the launch of the 2016 Corolla Special Edition. Sporty styling features, inside and out, complement a spirited driving experience made possible with steering wheel paddle shifters, rear disc brakes and Sport Driving Mode along with an array of additional standard features.
Based on the sporty Corolla S Plus grade, the 2016 Corolla Special Edition will turn heads as it adds:
- Unique 17-inch alloy wheels with gloss black finish
- Smart Key System with pushbutton start
- Black mixed media seats with red contrast stitching
- Black interior with red contrast stitching on steering wheel, shift boot and center armrest
- Red accented dash panel and door trim
- Three exterior colors: exclusive Absolutely Red, Black Sand Pearl and Super White
- Special Edition floor mats with logo and unique exterior badge
Toyota’s Entune™ Premium Audio with Navigation and App Suite and power tilt/slide moonroof will be available as options.
The MSRP for the Corolla Special Edition will be $20,635.
The Corolla Special Edition will be produced between August 2015 and January 2016 and will be limited to approximately 8,000 units.