Travelling is one of the things that make us feel alive, and if your stay isn’t executed as planned, well, it’s a bummer. And what’s a better place to spend your time with your family than a heartwarming trip to Europe. So, here’s a list of the ten best resorts in Europe to help you decide where to go, when, and why. The list has all resorts ranging from thoroughly explored to rarely visited places, yet, all of them as breathtaking as the city itself. Do you want a secret destination wedding, a getaway, a grand party? Whatever your mood desires, you can check out the resorts mentioned here. Details of some of our favorites are mentioned to make your trip worthwhile:
List of the 10 best resorts in Europe:
1. Slieve Donard Resort and Spa, Newcastle, Ireland: Slieve Donard is the home to Europe’s most luxurious resorts and is equally suited for short breaks from our daily lives. A beautiful golden strand of beaches run along one side of this residential resort, which nestles at the foot of the Mountains of Mourne and covers “six acres of immaculate private grounds, while the Royal County Down Golf Links frame the other side”. You may not want to venture far from the sumptuous luxury and exquisite surroundings of the hotel located “30 miles south of Belfast and 90 miles north of Dublin”, yet, there are some must-visit local attractions nearby. As good as the outdoor is, the insides of this hotel are no less. “Luxurious bedrooms, including Executive and Resort rooms and six magnificent Suites” with a panoramic view of the Mountains of Mourne and County Down Coastline, thrown in with spas and indoor pools are exactly what you need for a relaxing break from reality.
2. Knight’s Village at Warwick Castle, Warwick, United Kingdom: The rich history of the Warwick Castle and its Earls and Countesses and the beauty of the castle entangled with stories of wars make it a perfect family getaway, especially for the kids. If you fancy a medieval-themed escape from the 21st century, then a must is a short tripto Warwick Castle. Calling it a theme park wouldn’t be inappropriate, but it’s more than just that. You can submerge yourself in the history and unravel the mysterious legacies with the different events and tours and much more at the Warwick Castle. Three unique themed accommodations are available; “the Woodland Lodges and Medieval Glamping within the Knight’s Village”, and “for something extra special”, the luxurious Tower Suites have been opened to their guests. With all the attractions surrounding you and all the stories waiting to be heard and experienced, the Warwick’s Castle has been brought to its guests to enjoy a break at, and yet, your kids won’t miss out on any fun.
3. Cap Rocat, Mallorca, Spain: Located in an old fortress securely placed amidst the Protected Natural Area of the Bay of Palma is the Cap Rocat, re-designed, and renovated for the guests to feel the natural essence of the greenery alongside the Marine Reserves of the waters of Palma. This resort is a perfect getaway for the newly-wed couples for all the scrutiny, and a break from the daily household takes and monotony of it for the mid-life couples. The rooms of the fortress have been improvised to make rooms, the common rooms, patio, and the terrace have been re-designed to make meeting places and enjoy the sea breeze complimenting the “tranquillity, wine.” and endless conversations”. It is a nice and peaceful escape from the daily rush allowing the guests to live the utopia.
4. Les Airelles, Courchevel, France: The best time of the year to visit Courchevel is in the winters. If you are in love with this season and want to study the beauty of winter aesthetics located on the edge of the ski slopes and in the heart of the Jardin Alpin, this is a place you should visit. It is designed to replicate an Austro-Hungarian Castle-like residence pushing to every tiny detail with the Airelles service available day and night, attentive to every little desire. It has a very beautifully crafted kid’s room to make sure they enjoy their vacations. The skiing service here is excellent with any commotion and rather unstuffy, light setting. Courchevel is the first ski resort to open in its area and has ever since nothing but satisfied the needs of every guest it has had. The area is surrounded by peaks, and it is a dream place for people with a passion for snowy panoramas.
5. Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco, Siena, Italy: Situated in one of the oldest and finest estates in Tuscany, Rosewood Castiglion showcases a rich Italian culture, vibrant heritage, and its breathtaking beauty. The 5000-acre estate resort, along with its restaurant, spa, and amenities, include the Vedic scenery of the place, consisting of “a historical village, medieval ruins, an acclaimed Brunello di Montalcino winery, and a private golf course.” The place has an in-villa scene of 17th and 18th-century farmhouses with six bedrooms and a private pool facility, good for friends and families. During your stay, you can visit the local farmers and artisans of the Tuscany tradition and explore historic sites and wine itineraries, which will give you a feeling of a warm summer evening in a village sipping some wine. It is a must-visit that will leave you wanting the more and friendly giddy experience.
6. Porto Zante, Zakynthos, Greece: Standing in the shores of a private beach of Zakynthos, Porto Zante consists of luxuriously built villas with a five-star 24-hour service. Just west of Greece’s mainland, this secluded bay comprises of the calmest and refreshing waters. This resort is the perfect destination for families and couples with all the privacy that they could ever want with spas, private pools and, Greek and Mediterranean mouth-watering cuisines. They include a kid’s club so that you can actually relax the time you are there bathing in the beauty of the horizon in view and the tranquillity of the sea that spreads for miles in front of the eyes, and your kids can have fun as well. You can have the most amazing experience in this world-class resort in Zakynthos, Greece, with private yacht cruises to some famous destinations in Greece, such as “Navagio beach, Marathonisi, Kefalonia Island, and Ancient Olympia.” If you ever need a break from the cities’ huff and puff and vanish to a calming place, then a dose of Porto Zante is what you need.
7. Schloss Elmau, Bavaria, Germany: Located in the heart of the Bavarian Alps, Schloss Elmau is the peace among the mountains and the breathtaking beauty of silence, “just 60 miles from Munich and 25 miles from Innsbruck”, is what, you need in the daily hubbub of life. You will find this resort tucked between the Zugspitz Glacier and the Karwendel Mountain Range. The amenities are as peaceful and breathtaking as the mountains’ views visible from every part of the resort. This little hideout was built in 2007 and ever since has provided great service to each of its guests.
Reenergize yourself by swimming in the cool mountain lakes or climb the seventy breathtaking peaks surrounding the resort or go hiking or mountain riding, whichever attracts you, because there are guarantees of it making you fall in love with its scenic beauty and wilderness.
8. Caresse, a Luxury Collection Resort and Spa, Bodrum, Turkey: The country filled with the most eye-dazzling cultures and antiquity welcomes you to its port city Bodrum with the most exquisite design and authentic structure of the resort Caresse, with an overview of the Aegean Sea. The city, with one of the seven wonders, the Mausoleum of Mausolus, of the ancient world, makes it a hub for tourists and travel destinations. Even though the Glass Lounge overseeing the tranquil Aegean Sea and the food and drinks make it the hotspot for the guests, the turquoise water and the shimmering white sand steals the show. The peace and calm of the sea make you want to spend most of your time around the beach. The city’s rich heritage and antique warmness pull you towards it, making it nothing less than a magical experience.
9. Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort, Norway: Absolutely nothing can be better thansnuggling up next to your partner and watching the Northern Lights, Midnight Sun, and other wonders of our world’s miracles, and Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort is the best for it. The glass igloos give a proper view, which, if not increase, justifies the beauty of the lights. Autumn is the best season to explore the abundant arctic nature and also the Northern lights. The private hideout in the wilderness with your partner to watch the Northern Lights’ sensational views in the warmth of your own space is the best way to do it. Kakslauttanen gives the best opportunity with its extra attentive and pampering staff and all sorts of facilities to make your experience the best.
10. Tivoli Marina Vilamoura Algarve Resort, Quarteira, Portugal: Situated exactly in the beachfront, the Tivoli Marina Vilamoura Algarve Resort set its tone world’s best contemporary resorts. It’s sophisticated and savvy and ensures you have the holiday of a lifetime. This modern and contemporary resort is something you would want to visit to bask in the luxurious service and accommodations. Portugal’s rich cuisine and family-friendly vibes set the right tone for the families willing to visit. You wouldn’t have to worry about your kids or parents to feel left out as the spas, pools, and the golfing in the resort makes sure of all your needs, wants, and desires. This resort will refresh you and relax you for your rough life until your next visit.
Compiling the lists of resorts mentioned above, you can have an amazing getaway for the next 10 years. These resorts will give you a wonderful experience and give you a sense of the heritage of that particular place, making your trip worthwhile.