With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, our culinary team has created the ultimate ice cream pie recipe to share with that special someone who “Cannoli Be With You.”
This recipe features our new February Flavor of the Month, Cannoli Be With You, which combines everything you love about a cannoli including mascarpone ice cream, chocolate chips, cannoli shell pieces, and roasted pistachios. Inspired by the romantic Italian dessert from Sicily, the flavor also features chocolate chips that are made by infusing melted chocolate throughout the ice cream as it churns, delivering even more flavor with every bite.
Check out the below Cannoli Be With You Ice Cream Pie recipe to experience this decadent flavor in a truly delicious way with someone you love this Valentine’s Day.
Cannoli Be With You Ice Cream Pie
Yield: One 9″ pie
- One Regular Size Fresh-Packed Cannoli Be With You ice cream
- 1 premade shortbread/graham pie crust
- 1 bottle (7.25 oz.) magic shell ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream*
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Maraschino cherries, for garnish
*Variation: Substitute 1.5 cups whipped cream product for heavy whipping cream
- Allow regular size Fresh-Packed of Baskin-Robbins Cannoli Be With You ice cream to soften at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Scoop 4 rounded, full scoops of softened ice cream (approximately 10 ounces) onto bottom of pie crust and use a spatula or spoon to smooth ice cream into an even layer. Place back into the freezer until frozen, about 1 hour.
- According to instructions on package, heat up magic shell ice cream topping until warm and fluid. Pour 2 ounces (approximately 1/4 cup) of magic shell onto ice cream layer. Use a spatula or the rounded side of a spoon to smooth evenly.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of pistachios and 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips onto the liquid magic shell layer, then place pie back into the freezer for 30 minutes, or until magic shell layer is firm.
- Whip 2 cups heavy whipping cream, 1/4 cup ricotta cheese, and 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar by hand or with a stand mixer with whisk attachment until whipping cream reaches a stiff peak.
- Using a piping bag with a star tip, pipe a layer of ricotta whipped cream onto the surface of the pie. You can choose to cover the entire top in star-like designs, or simply pipe a rosette pattern around the border.
- Garnish each rosette with half of a maraschino cherry.
- Serve immediately and feel the love!