Latest version also adds new industry and line-of-business capabilities
- Integration of SAP Leonardo Machine Learning and predictive capabilities provides real-time insights and business context
SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) announced SAP S/4HANA 1709, a new release of SAP’s next-generation ERP suite that incorporates SAP Leonardo Machine Learning capabilities and predictive analytics into core business processes to help organizations stay competitive in a rapidly changing business environment.
SAP S/4HANA 1709 also is available customized for lines of business and industries.
“This latest release is the next step in providing our customers the innovations they need for successful digital business strategies,” said Uwe Grigoleit, SAP S/4HANA Go-to-Market general manager, and senior vice president, SAP. “It delivers enhancements that make it easier than ever for companies to run live by integrating new intelligent applications using SAP Leonardo Machine Learning and predictive capabilities directly into the digital core.”
New Applications in SAP S/4HANA powered by SAP Leonardo
SAP S/4HANA is SAP’s next-generation ERP suite, designed specifically for the SAP HANA platform, a market-leading in-memory platform to help run a live business. The new applications included in SAP S/4HANA 1709 provide real-time insights and business context while simultaneously freeing resources from repetitive tasks. Examples include:
- SAP Cash Application software learns matching criteria from a company’s historical financial clearing data to automatically pair invoices with incoming payments. This creates more efficient shared-services centers and allows finance professionals to be deployed to more strategic activities.
- The SAP Fiori apps for contract consumption predict contract expiration or goods consumption ahead of time, which enables more effective supplier negotiations and relationships. As a result of the SAP Predictive Analytics integrator, customers can now forecast contract consumption directly within the application and update the model using their own data, retraining with a single click.
Increased Support for Industry and Line-of-Business Needs
In recognition of the individual needs of specific industries, SAP S/4HANA 1709 delivers new capabilities for the mining and mill products industries and retail companies, while also easing adoption for companies in every industry.
Enhancements with the SAP S/4HANA 1709 release also address the needs of line-of-business users. Examples include:
- Finance: SAP Financial Closing cockpit is a core part of SAP S/4HANA 1709, giving customers the ability to achieve faster entity close while meeting regulatory requirements. Business users can achieve more transparency and better insights throughout the closing cycle, while improving productivity with automated closing tasks and enhanced user experience.
- Supply chain: Continuing the digital supply chain conversion path of earlier releases, the SAP Transportation Management application is now integrated into the core. This delivers a converged supply chain and manufacturing system from planning and forecasting all the way to downstream production, execution, and transportation.
- Sales and marketing: The new release helps companies harmonize billing, pricing, service and other customer-driven processes for companies with distinct on-premise or private cloud strategies.
- Manufacturing: Available with the new release, the SAP S/4HANA Manufacturing solution for production engineering and operations combines manufacturing engineering and extended production operations into a single, powerful, intuitive user experience across production planning and operational business processes. Manufacturing companies now can minimize production disruptions resulting from changed routings, work instructions and production orders through proactive use of manufacturing impact analysis while using the latest engineering design and real-time enterprise data.
For more information, visit the SAP S/4HANA page on sap.com and the SAP News Center. Follow SAP on Twitter at @sapnews.
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP (NYSE: SAP) helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device — SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable more than 355,000 business and public sector customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably. For more information, visit