2021 was a year of growth, learnings and wins for Team LocumBase. We were proud to have a list of hard-earned achievements that we can share with the VC, Tech, Start-up and Healthcare Innovation community as we draw 2021 to a close and gear up for a successful 2022.
- LocumBase is the overall winner of Grindstone Cohort 2020/21.
- We got featured in Wesgro’s Pioneers Magazine Q1 2021 as a top tech start up in the Western Cape.
- Finalised our partnership with the South African Medical Association (SAMA) with access to over 16 000 GPs and specialists.
- CEO and Founder Zulé is listed as a winner in and amongst the Inspiring50, in South Africa.
- Finalised and started on-boarding a private hospital enterprise contract with over 18 healthcare facilities.
- Selected as a KeyNote speaker at the final round of Africa Arena.
- Nominated for African Startup Awards (Part of Global Start Up Awards) in the Healthcare and Women in Tech categories.
- LocumBase nominated as one of South Africa’s Top Gender Empowered Companies as part of the Standard Bank Top Women 16th Edition.
- Corporate Social Investment; pro-bono involvement with driving vaccination uptake through social media paid posts which gained over 90 000 impressions from people across SA with over 50 000 video views. View the longer films here or visit our LinkedIn page to have a look and share the short films.
- On average a 100% acquisition growth across our various Locum industries including, nursing, general medical, radiology, dentistry and optometry and pharmacy.
All of these achievements could not have been possible without an essential growth within our team.
In 2021, we also welcomed nine new team members across disciplines.
- Deon Greeff, Executive Director of Operations
- Jovana Harkhu, Head of Marketing
- Tanya Oehmen, Head of Client Success & Product
- Thys Smit, Software Lead
- Jolize Zerwick, Lead Designer
- Russouw Wheeler, Business Development Lead
- Jaime-Lee Daniels, Client Success Advisor
- Dewan Scholtz, Junior Project Manager
- Lusca Yesaya, Office Support Staff
Last, but not least, we at LocumBase are honoured to have won the Innovation in Healthcare and Staffing Solutions Title!
We are excited to be recognised in our field on an international level, and hold this coveted position for the year leading up to Q3 2022.
Onwards and upwards!