New foods from Kellogg’s® Raisin Bran®, Pop-Tarts®, Special K®, Cheez-It® arrive in stores this spring
Shoppers in the U.S. will soon be able to fill their grocery carts with a wide range of delicious new products from Kellogg Company brands, ranging from tasty breakfast selections to satisfying new snacks.
The new products reflect people’s desire for wholesome foods with recognizable ingredients, the need for convenient options and the continued wish for food that is fun and delicious. The innovations include granola from Kellogg’s Raisin Bran and Cheez-It sandwich crackers. Special K will debut an innovative new crustless breakfast quiche, and there’s even new flavors of Pop-Tarts inspired by popular sodas.
Raisin Bran Granola
Kellogg’s Raisin Bran expands its line up with two varieties of granola, each offering the familiar taste of the original cereal, but with the versatility and heartiness of granola.
Raisin Bran Raisin & Honey granola features granola clusters, puffed grains, crisp wheat bran flakes, raisins and honey.Raisin Bran Cranberry Almond granola includes granola clusters, puffed grains, crisp wheat bran flakes, raisins, honey, cranberries and almonds.
“Kellogg’s Raisin Bran granolas provide a variety of flavors and textures that will appeal to both Raisin Bran lovers and traditional granola fans,” said Cathy Schneck, vice president of Innovation for Kellogg U.S. Morning Foods. “We’ve stuck to our tradition of ‘two scoops of raisins’ and also included a carefully selected mix of other ingredients to provide a unique and delicious breakfast.”
New Special K Crustless Quiches are an entirely new breakfast option that provides a warm and delicious way to start the day. Each single-serving quiche provides 10 to 11 grams of protein and is ready from the microwave in two minutes. They are available in three varieties: Uncured Ham, Cheese, Quinoa & Peppers; Sausage, Quinoa, Peppers, Mozzarella & Asiago; and Portabella, Quinoa, Parmesan, Asiago & Kale.
“Special K fans are seeking positive nutrition that fortifies them for the day ahead,” said Trinh Le, marketing director for Kellogg Frozen Foods. “Our new Crustless Quiches offer them an exciting twist on a classic breakfast, made with nourishing and satisfying ingredients such as eggs, chopped vegetables, quinoa and cheese.”
Special K is also expanding its lineup of snack bars as people continue to seek positive nutrition with real, visible ingredients – all without sacrificing great taste. New Special K Protein Trail Mix bars debut in two flavors – Chocolate Peanut Pecan, and Fruit & Nut – and each bar has 8 grams of protein with an amazing blend of delicious trail mix. There are also two new on-trend flavors of Special K Chewy Snack Bars: Dark Chocolate Pomegranate and Coconut Caramel. All of these deliciously wholesome bars are made without artificial flavors, colors or sweeteners.
Soda Pop inspired Pop-Tarts
New Pop-Tarts Crush Orange and Pop-Tarts A&W Root Beer flavor toaster pastries begin arriving at stores this spring. The first flavor features the classic flavor of Crush Orange soda in a golden crust, topped with sweet white frosting and orange string icing. The second features A&W Root Beer flavored filling in a light brown crust, topped with sweet white frosting and crunchy sprinkles.
“We know that people love mash-ups of the things they love, and we are building on that with these new flavors,” saidAngela Gusse, marketing director for Pop-Tarts. “It’s all about fun and enjoyment, and we are excited to add Crush Orange and A&W to the Pop-Tarts lineup. We think our fans will be excited, too.”
Cheez-It Sandwich Crackers
“The line between a snack and a meal is blurring as many people adopt a grazing style of eating, mixing snacks and mini-meals throughout the day,” said Yuvraj Arora, vice president of Innovations for Kellogg’s U.S. Snacks. “We also know that many people are also seeking bigger, bolder flavors.”
Cheese lovers now have a new option that reflects these trends as new Cheez-It Sandwich Crackers debut in three flavors: Original Cheddar, Italian Four Cheese and Spicy Queso. And as Cheez-It fans would expect, they are the only sandwich cracker made with real cheese inside and out.
And Much More…
Other key new products from Kellogg brands also reflect the appeal of wholesome ingredients such as quinoa, real berries and oats, and all are intended to bring a smile to any occasion. Additional new products include:
- Eggo Oats & Berries waffles – The newest waffles from Eggo are made with real berries and steel cut oats, and have no artificial flavors or colors. They debut in two flavors: Blueberry and Mixed Berry varieties.
- Special K Multigrain Crackers with Quinoa – Special K is launching a new line of multigrain crackers made with purposeful ingredients to nourish her body without sacrificing taste. Special K Multi-Grain Crackers with Quinoa debut in two delicious flavors – Sea Salt Original and Parmesan Sesame – and are made with 14g whole grain per serving including whole wheat, quinoa, brown rice, millet, and whole oat flour.
- MorningStar Farms® Veggie Breakfast Sausage & Grain Patties – This new vegetarian breakfast option is a savory blend of organic quinoa, steel cut oats and veggie sausage with herbs and spices. It is Non-GMO Project Verified, 100-percent vegan, and each serving provides 6 grams of protein.
- Rice Krispies® cereal with Red and Blue Krispies – The time-honored family tradition of making holiday-themed Rice Krispies Treats just got a little more patriotic with new Rice Krispies cereal with red and blue rice. They are an ideal way to add a little American pride to your summer holiday celebrations.
- Town House Flatbread Crisps – Town House is offering two new flavors of flatbread crisps that are inspired by culinary ingredients and restaurant flatbread recipes. More flavorful and perfect for munching, they’re guaranteed to appeal to every food lover: Tomato, Basil & Mozzarella, and Spinach, Artichoke, & Feta.
- Keebler® Fudge Stripes® Birthday Cake cookies – The newest creation from the Keebler Elves delivers the magical taste of birthday cake with sweet white icing and multi-colored sprinkles. It is a limited batch, coming from the Hollow Tree to cookie aisles only from June-December of 2016.
About Kellogg Company
At Kellogg Company (NYSE: K), we are driven to enrich and delight the world through foods and brands that matter. With 2014 sales of approximately $14.6 billion, Kellogg is the world’s leading cereal company; second largest producer of cookies and crackers; a leading producer of savory snacks; and a leading North American frozen foods company. Every day, our well-loved brands nourish families so they can flourish and thrive. These brands include Kellogg’s®, Keebler®, Special K®, Pringles®, Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes®, Pop-Tarts®, Kellogg’s Corn Flakes®, Rice Krispies®, Kashi®, Cheez-It®, Eggo®, Coco Pops®, Mini-Wheats®, and many more. To learn more about our responsible business leadership, foods that delight and how we strive to make a difference in our communities around the world, visitwww.kelloggcompany.com.