HP Inc. announced commercial availability of its HP Indigo 12000 HD Digital Press with breakthrough high-definition imaging, the next step in the evolution of HP’s market-leading1 Series 4 large format press platform with more than 700 units installed worldwide.
The High Definition Imaging System for the B2-sized HP Indigo 12000 HD Digital Press doubles image resolution, delivering sharper, smoother, finer print, enabling print service providers (PSPs) to surpass offset quality and open new digital possibilities in high-end commercial and photo applications. The press uses an all-new High Definition Imaging System, using 48 parallel laser beams and high screen sets up to 290 LPI.
“HP print service providers are experiencing unprecedented growth and momentum as print buyers, agencies, and brands are looking for ways to connect the online world with the physical world,” said Alon Bar-Shany, general manager, HP Indigo, HP Inc. “HP’s digital print technologies are blending these realities, providing amazing new application opportunities, alongside higher productivity.”
Following successful beta testing at ORWO and CEWE in Germany and Italy’s New Print, HP Indigo is now starting commercial shipment of the press.
Ongoing innovation for new digital printing applications
The HP Indigo 50000 Digital Press, the most productive digital press on the market, is now accompanied by a robust finishing solution for cost-effective printing of offset jobs.
HP also announced new color gamut technology and new inks:
- ColorUP! delivers an extended color gamut using color profiles to expand the on-press color gamut using additional hits of CMY inks.
- HP Indigo ElectroInk Vivid Pink and HP Indigo ElectroInk Vivid Green, a new set of brighter inks for high-end photo applications including wedding photography, allow printers to reach more vibrant pink, green and blue shades.
- Commercial release of HP Indigo ElectroInk Fluorescent Green, Yellow and Orange, in addition to the previously available Fluorescent Pink. The inks are already in use by PSPs to produce commercial applications.
Creating a more efficient production floor with workflow and end-to-end solutions The powerful apps running on the PrintOS platform bring cloud advantages to enable PSPs to automate production, optimize their presses, and grow.
New HP PrintOS apps available include:
- An optional OEE app for efficient and automatic measurement of Overall Equipment Effectiveness, providing value-based on-press data to ensure press excellence
- Color Beat, enabling color tracking and reporting to ensure color standards are reliably and consistently achieved.
- A new version of HP Site Flow enables customers to effectively fulfill hundreds or thousands of online orders per day. With fast and easy startup, and instant scalability, PSPs can take on new business, and handle tight deadlines, while increasing productivity from order to delivery.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.