HP Inc. raised the bar for the premium PC experience with the debut of the newHP Spectre, the world’s thinnest laptop 1.
- CNC machined aluminum chassis as thin as an AAA-battery at just 10.4 mm
- Powerful Intel® Core™ i5 and i7 processors2 deliver superior performance versus mobile processors often used in this class of device
- Superb entertainment experience with full HD 13.3” diagonal edge-to-edge display and Bang & Olufsen sound
The HP Spectre and new premium portfolio were showcased alongside the results of the company’s collaboration with world-renowned designers Tord Boontje and Jess Hannah. The collaboration features exclusive, limited edition luxury notebooks at the intersection of high-end art and leading technology.
“The HP Spectre is the thinnest notebook in the world, and unlike the majority of other super thin PCs on the market, this laptop doesn’t compromise power or features,” said Kevin Frost, vice president and general manager, consumer personal systems, HP Inc. “A beautiful Full HD edge-to-edge display, Intel® Core™ i processors coupled with Bang & Olufsen sound and a sexy and thin design, HP amazing engineers set a new standard with the all new Spectre.”
World’s Thinnest Laptop
HP reimagined every element during the design of the HP Spectre to ensure the best user experience coupled with maximum performance. The result is a premium notebook PC that does not force users to compromise on style, function or performance with features such as:
- A carbon fiber bottom creates a thin profile that is both durable and lightweight, keeping the total weight of the notebook at just 2.45 pounds 3 Advertisement
- High gloss copper accents reflect a hand-polished, jewelry-like finish and an innovative hidden piston hinge creates the illusion of a hinge-less design to offer an unmatched premium look-and-feel.
- An innovative hybrid battery split into two thinner pieces delivers the same wattage as a single battery for up to 9 and half hours of battery life4 while enabling the world’s thinnest laptop1.
- Full HD IPS 5 edge-to-edge display featuring Corning® Gorilla® delivers a superb viewing experience for editing photos, perfecting a presentation, or watching a movie.
- 6th generation Intel® Core™ i5 and i7 processors2 and a lightning fast PCIe SSD with storage up to 512 GB7 with up to 8 GB of memory for maximum performance. Integration of Intel® hyperbaric cooling system keeps the machine running cool even with powerful processors in a small package.
- Stereo speakers by Bang & Olufsen with HP Audio Boost technology, a combination of hardware and software to give customers the depth they want.
- Three full function USB Type-CTM connectors, including two of which support ThunderboltTM, to provide a fast, versatile I/O connection.
New ENVY Hybrid Features Thinner Design, Longer Battery Life and 4K Display Option
Combining power and performance in a new thin profile, the 15.6” diagonal HP ENVY x360 is 21 percent thinner with longer battery life compared to the previous generation, weighing just 4.5 pounds3 and measuring 18.8 mm thin. With a timeless, all metal design, the HP ENVY x360 now offers a higher resolution display option for customers who want to view or edit 4K content. Key features include:
- Longer battery life with up to 11 hours compared to 8 hours on the previous generation4.
- 6th generation Intel® Core™ i5 or i7 processors2 with optional Intel® Iris™ graphics or 7th generation AMD FX™ 9800P Quad-Core Processor6 with Radeon™ R7 Graphics.
- Full HD 4 display option and clear, premium sound with HP Audio Boost technology with tuning by Bang & Olufsen to extend the entertainment experience.
- Two USB 3.0 Gen 1 ports with one supporting HP USB Boost, one USB Type-CTM for data transfer, HDMI and SD card reader for maximum productivity.
- Up to 16 GB of system memory and single or dual storage options with up to 2 TB HDD and up to 256 GB PCIe SDD 7.
Power in Lighter ENVY Laptops
The new generation of HP ENVY laptops offer sleek, metal designs featuring big power and performance, plus edge-to-edge flush glass displays for beautiful viewing experiences. Both feature three USB 3.0 ports and a USB Type-CTM that support data transfer to make adding or connecting accessories easy, as well as HP Fast Charge, which allows customers to charge the battery up to 90 percent in just 90 minutes when powered off 5.
Both devices are lighter than their predecessors, with the 15.6” ENVY a half pound lighter than the previous generation weighing in at 4.4 pounds3 and 17.95 mm thin, while the17.3” diagonal HP ENVY laptop weighs only 6.6 pounds 3 with a 25.45 mm profile.
The15.6” diagonal HP ENVY laptop also features:
- Choice of Intel® Core™ processors up to i7 2 with option of UMA or Intel® Iris™ graphics
- 16 GB of memory with dual storage options of up to 1 TB HDD(7) and 256 GB PCIe SSD 7
- Windows Hello 8 support on optional HD IR camera 9
The 17.3” diagonal HP ENVY features:
- Intel® Core™ i7 processor 2 with NVIDIA® GeForce® 940MX graphics
- Up to 1 TB HDD 7 or up to 512 GB SATA SSD 7. The 17.3” diagonal HP ENVY laptop also comes with an optical disk drive.
- Windows Hello8 support on optional Intel® RealSenseTM camera 9
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.