At Mobile World Congress 2017, HP Inc. announced a dynamic new commercial 2-in-1 detachable along with a range of innovative accessories that empower people to work wherever, whenever, with connected mobile devices that are fun as well as functional, powerful and secure. The new Pro x2 612 G2 is designed for today’s mobile professionals who want a stylish device that is easy to use. At the same time, they need applications that automate workflows in field services, government, healthcare, and retail verticals while delivering high productivity with the enterprise-class security and serviceability IT requires.
“Today, more than 60 percent of Millennials work from more than one location and by 2020 they will be a majority of the workforce. They want sexy mobile devices that meet their on-the-go work styles and IT needs these devices to be manageable, serviceable and secure,” said Michael Park, vice president and general manager, Mobility, Personal Systems, HP Inc. “Only HP is combining these amazing mobile form factors with the built-in security and vertical workflow capabilities with a lower total cost of ownership.”
The Pro x2 is a versatile 2-in-1 detachable, featuring multiple modes ideal for commercial use, including presentation mode, inking mode for taking notes, tablet mode for data collection, and notebook mode. The Pro x2 can be configured with a choice of the latest 7thgeneration Intel® processors, providing reliable performance to meet a variety of end users’ needs.
The design goals for the Pro x2 were built around mobile productivity, which includes WLAN1and optional WWAN2, with a fast-charging battery that offers up to 11 hours of battery life3. The device’s magnetically attached Collaboration Keyboard features dedicated keys to directly manage voice and video conference calls. For drawing and taking notes, the HP Active Wacom Pen with App Launch combined with the extended 165-degree kickstand make it easy to present and share. The Pro x2 includes a USB-C™ connection for quick charging and data transfers and USB-A for accessing traditional legacy peripherals.
IT requirements for security, manageability and lifecycle management were also key focus areas for the Pro x2. The device was built from the ground up for secure work environments and includes a built-in smart card reader, a removable SSD, and the HP Client Security Suite Gen34, along with an optional fingerprint sensor and optional Near Field Communications (NFC). IT lifecycle management includes a removable back cover and enterprise-class serviceability for the display panel, kickstand and other key components, along with dedicated 24/7 commercial support5. And the Pro x2 is designed to last for the traditional enterprise 3- to 5-year lifecycle, passing MIL-STD testing for drops, dust, humidity, temperature changes and functional shock6.
Also announced today is a range of new vertical workflow accessories for the company’s x2 lineup and breakthrough Elite x3 platform. These accessories are designed with versatility in mind, helping mobile professionals be productive and remain connected whether they are in the office or on the go. Accessories launching at Mobile World Congress include7:
- HP Elite x3 Mobile Scanning Solution and the HP Elite x3 Mobile Retail Solution: Building on the innovation of the Elite x3 launched at last year’s Mobile World Congress, these solutions extend the benefits of the x3 platform beyond the mobile professional to mobilize vertical workflows for healthcare, field and retail workers. The integrated barcode scanner can be used to check prices, access inventory and CRM information on the go and then seamlessly transition to the back-office with the ability to dock and connect to a display, mouse, and keyboard for a full PC experience8.
- HP Pro x2 612 G2 Rugged Case: Ideal for customers in extreme work environments, this case features a 360-degree rotating hand strap, shoulder strap, stylus holder, optional port plugs and is compatible with the Pro x2’s keyboard.
- HP Elite USB-C™ Dock: Turn your device into a desktop and connect to multiple displays and devices while charging with this enterprise IT ready dock, compatible with devices like the Pro x2, HP Elite x2 1012 G1, or HP Elite x3 that have a multi-function Type-C™ USB port and devices that support Thunderbolt™.
- HP USB-C™ Travel Hub: For mobile professionals who need access to additional peripheral ports while on-the-go, this solution delivers pass-through connectivity for displays and USB devices and charging for the Pro x2, Elite x2 or the Elite x3 while the device is being used – with one USB-C™ cable.
- HP Retail Case 12: Announced at NRF, this solution combines with the Pro x2 to create a portable solution for store associates to sell and conduct mobile transactions on the sales floor.
Pricing and Availability9
- The HP Pro x2 612 G2 is available now, starting at $97910.
- The HP Pro x2 612 G2 Rugged Case is available now, starting at $49.
- The HP Elite USB-C Dock is expected to be available in March, starting at $149.
- The HP USB-C Travel Hub is available now, starting at $49.
- The HP Retail Case 12 is available now, starting at $249.
- The HP Elite x3 Mobile Scanning Solution is available now, starting at $329.
- The HP Elite x3 Mobile Retail Solution is available now, starting at $99911.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.