HP Inc. unveiled a range of new devices, displays and accessories designed for the modern workforce, including the rollout of several award-winning premium features to the best-selling HP EliteBook 800 series and HP ZBook 14u/15u mobile workstations. As the world’s most secure and manageable PCs and mobile workstations, these devices – along with the all-new HP Thunderbolt™ Dock G2 and expanded portfolio of four new HP 4K displays – will bring powerful innovation and premium experiences into the mainstream workforce.
“The game has changed and standard issued corporate devices of the past no longer meet the needs of the workforce of the future, particularly among Gen X to Gen Z professionals,” said Alex Cho, vice president and general manager, Commercial PCs, HP Inc. “Our latest EliteBook and ZBook offerings set new standards for design, performance, and functionality. Whether it’s the world’s thinnest devices or the industry’s most robust security features, HP is redefining the commercial PC experience for the modern workforce.”
Today’s modern workforce requires greater flexibility in where and how work gets done. Sixty-two percent of people work from more than one location9 and 81 percent work during their personal time,10 illustrating the need for devices that seamlessly connect any time, any place.
As boundaries around traditional workplaces are erased, security becomes even more important. Nearly 70 percent of organizations have reported compromised laptops in the past 24 months,11 demonstrating the need for robust security features that provide constant protection and resiliency in the event of an attack. At the same time, as workplaces become more collaborative, the need for innovative tools is on the rise. The PC is at the center of this shift, with laptops the most frequently used device for meetings and collaboration.12
Premium Design & Experiences
Today’s announced devices each feature HP’s premium design language previously only available on the HP EliteBook 1000 series, with chiseled linear wedge profiles and anodized aluminum covers for sleek and strong devices that can hold up to the challenges of the workday. A standout feature for users who work in multiple, diverse locations, the EliteBook 800 series is the world’s first business notebook with an ultra-bright display that automatically adapts to changing light conditions,13 a feature also available on the ZBook 14u/15u.
Durability and sustainability go hand-in-hand as more businesses look to maximize their hardware investment and minimize their environmental impact. The EliteBook 800 series and the ZBook 14u/15u passed MIL-STD-810G testing14 and are more easily serviceable than previous generations. The ZBook 14u/15u have industry-leading durability in a thin and light 14 and 15-inch form factor, as they passed two additional MIL-STD tests for bench handling and crash hazard shock for unpredictable conditions in technical environments. The devices in this lineup are ENERGY STAR® certified and EPEAT® Gold15
The EliteBook 800 series features the world’s first notebooks with a world-facing, noise-cancelling microphone,16 which removes unwanted sounds when in individual mode or enhances for 360-degree voice pick-up when in conference mode. The ZBook 14u/15u also carries this innovative feature for collaboration. All these devices come with the HP Premium Collaboration Keyboard, which features built-in keys to easily manage calls, and include HP PhoneWise, the world’s only Windows solution to text and call from the PC across iOS and Android™ devices.17
New PCs and Workstations include:
- The HP EliteBook 800 series is the first of several HP business notebooks to feature 8th generation Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors, with up to 14 hours of battery life18 to easily power a day’s worth of hard work and HP Fast Charge to charge 50 percent of the battery in just 30 minutes .19
- The HP EliteBook 830 G5 replaces the previous HP EliteBook 820 G4 with a 13-inch” screen in a 12-inch” notebook profile.
- The HP EliteBook 840 G5 is the world’s thinnest 14-inch business notebook with 8th generation Intel® Core™ processors and discrete graphics .20
- Both the EliteBook 840 and the HP EliteBook 850 G5 include AMD RX540 discrete graphics for users who need greater performance for graphics-intensive workloads and collaboration applications.
- The HP ZBook 14u/15u mobile workstations now feature the popular HP Sure View for greater user and data privacy for technical mobile professionals, and are the world’s first mobile workstations with an integrated privacy screen. Both mobile workstations feature 8th generation Intel® Core™ Quad Core Processors with vPro™ technology and AMD Radeon™ Pro graphics for fast and reliable performance and 24/7 workloads, with more than 24 ISV certifications for CAD and design work and other professional applications.
- The HP ZBook 14u G5 is the world’s thinnest workstation21 at just 17.9 mm and weighing 3.27 lbs.22 The impressive design of the ZBook 14u is 28 percent thinner than the previous generation and includes an optional 4K touch display with anti-glare technology, ideal for technical professionals on the go.
- The newly refreshed HP ZBook 15u G5 also features Intel® Core™ i5 and i7 Quad Core Processors23 with vPro technology, AMD Radeon™ Pro 3D Graphics for performance and reliability, and up to 2 TB with the HP Z Turbo Drive high speed storage, for power users traveling to a conference room or across town. HP Performance Advisor assures optimal configuration, compatibility, and performance.
For a clean, sleek and productive desk, HP is announcing a new dock and 4K displays:
- The new HP Thunderbolt™ Dock G2 is the world’s most versatile Thunderbolt™ dock24and its highly innovative design gives users a clean and functional working space while enabling IT to support any HP or non-HP device notebook with Thunderbolt™ and USB-C™ functionality. This compact dock provides power, supports up to two 4K displays, and is the world’s first Thunderbolt™ dock featuring an optional audio conferencing module25– great for closed offices, small huddle rooms, or focus rooms – all through a single cord.
- Pair the new dock with a variety of new 4K displays from HP for multitasking with clear, crisp content and applications. The HP EliteDisplay S270n is HP’s first 4K EliteDisplay that can pull video and data and send up to 60W of power to the PC with just one USB-C™ cable connection. To address the high standards of engineers and designers who need a consistent color calibration, the new HP Z27 and HP Z32 are factory color calibrated to meet the requirements of these users’ unique workloads. The HP Z43, HP’s largest 4K display, is for users who require a larger screen. All three 4K HP Z Displays offer 10-bit color so users can view over 1 billion colors, millions more than standard 6-bit or 8-bit displays. Also, each of the new 4K Z Displays offer a USB-C™ connection that not only connects video and data, but delivers 65W of power back to the PC.
As security continues to be a priority for businesses and users, choosing the right PC hardware is increasingly becoming a security decision. This is why HP designs its EliteBooks and ZBooks to be the world’s most secure and manageable PCs and workstations5, now with even more security and manageability features to combat today’s threats.
Along with HP Sure View, HP Sure Click, Windows Hello, optional privacy camera, and HP Multi-Factor Authenticate,26 the EliteBook 800 series and ZBook 14u/15u also includes HP’s Endpoint Security Controller. This embedded hardware controller is part of HP’s built-in, not bolted-on, security solution that monitors, protects and recovers the BIOS, the operating system, and critical applications in the event of an attack. Unique to today’s announced devices, this physically isolated, cryptographically secured chip enables:
- HP Sure Start Gen 4: In the previous generation, HP Sure Start protected both the BIOS and the copy of the BIOS running in the system memory; Sure Start now offers enhanced encryption for better protection of the device and enhanced resilience and event logging for third party firmware .27 Advertisement
- HP Sure Run: Leveraging the Endpoint Security Controller, this newest feature extends hardware-enforced self-healing protection into the operating systems by monitoring key processes and applications, such as antivirus, alerting both the user and IT if there are any changes, and restarting those processes automatically if stopped .28
- HP Sure Recover: Another new feature for 2018, this capability offers secure, automated, network-based software image recovery with only an internet connection. Without the help of IT, employees will be able to reimage a PC with HP’s or a company’s own software image even if the entire hard drive is wiped.29
“Security is a constantly evolving space – an area where no one can claim that they’ve solved security and how a PC OEM approaches security needs to be top priority when a business is making a purchase decision,” said Patrick Moorhead, principal analyst, Moor Insights & Strategy. “I applaud HP’s approach to endpoint security and its commitment to hardware security, as security should be an important consideration factor for anyone looking to purchase a PC.”
Pricing and Availability
- The HP EliteBook 830 G5 is expected to be available in February for a starting price of $1,049.
- The HP EliteBook 840 G5 is expected to be available in February for a starting price of $1,029.
- The HP EliteBook 850 G5 is expected to be available in February for a starting price of $1,039.
- The HP ZBook 14u G5 is expected to be available in February for a starting price of $1,099.
- The HP ZBook 15u G5 is expected to be available in February for a starting price of $1,109.
- The HP Elite Thunderbolt Dock G2 is expected to be available in May and pricing with be determined closer to availability.
- The HP EliteDisplay S270n is available now for a starting price of $549.
- The HP Z27 is expected to be available in April for a starting price of $559
- The HP Z32 is available now for a starting price of $899.
- The HP Z43 is available now for a starting price of $799.
To experience the devices announced today, visit the HP Booth at Mobile World Congress Feb. 26 – March 1, 2018, and at Pepcom MobileFocus Global on February 26, 2018. For more information about HP Elite devices, visit www.hp.com/go/elite, and to learn more about HP’s workstations, visit www.hp.com/go/workstations.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.