- New BIOS verification reinforces the most secure commercial PCs in the industry
- Dell is the only vendor to provide off-host verification, ensuring all devices remain secure through the boot process
- Dell Data Protection | Endpoint Security Suite Enterprise is only endpoint suite available today with Cylance advanced threat protection technology
Dell Febuary 2, 2016 announced the availability of the Dell Data Protection | Endpoint Security Suite Enterprise, which integrates Cylance technology using artificial intelligence and machine learning to proactively prevent advanced persistent threats and malware. As part of this solution, Dell also announced the availability of a new post-boot BIOS verification solution for Dell commercial PCs, which allows customers to ensure their device remains free from malware during the boot process. The post-boot BIOS verification solution will be integrated on Dell commercial PCs with the purchase of the Dell Data Protection | Endpoint Security Suite Enterprise license.
The new BIOS verification functionality uses a secure cloud environment to compare and test an individual BIOS image against the official measurements held in the Dell BIOS lab. By conducting this test in an off-device environment, users can be assured that the post-boot image is not compromised as the testing takes place in a secure cloud platform and not on a potentially infected device. The verification helps extend security throughout the entire device lifecycle and provides greater visibility for administrators wanting to stop malicious BIOS attacks.
The BIOS verification feature will initially be available on Dell’s range of commercial PCs with a 6th Generation Intel chipset, which includes the widely applauded portfolio of Latitude PCs that were recently announced at CES, as well as select Dell Precision, OptiPlex, and XPS PCs and Dell Venue Pro tablets. With this functionality, Dell strengthens its ability to provide the most secure commercial PCs in the industry today with best-in-class endpoint security solutions from the Dell Data Protection suite, including comprehensive encryption, advanced authentication and leading-edge malware protection from a single source – and now also BIOS verification.
The Dell Data Protection | Endpoint Security Suite Enterprise is the only endpoint security suite available today that integrates Cylance technology that employs artificial intelligence to protect against the execution of advanced persistent threats and malware including zero day attacks, and targeted attacks such as spear phishing and ransomware. According to Cylance testing, the new solution offers a significantly higher level of protection, stopping 99 percent of malware and advanced persistent threats, far above the average 50 percent efficacy rating of many traditional anti-virus solutions.
The new Endpoint Security Suite Enterprise is a single solution that simplifies endpoint security and compliance for overburdened IT departments so they can focus on enabling end user mobility and productivity. Key benefits include:
- No Signatures: The advanced threat protection technology is based on artificial intelligence and dynamic mathematical models with minimal false positives, eliminating the need for constant signature updates.
- Consolidated Management and Compliance: Endpoint Security Suite Enterprise minimizes the time and resources needed to manage endpoint security by allowing companies to remotely manage all components using a single, non-disruptive console that includes consolidated status and compliance reports. It also satisfies compliance with industry standards, meeting PCI DSS, HIPAA HITECH and Microsoft requirements for anti-virus and anti-malware solutions.
- Proactive Prevention: Preventing malware significantly reduces remediation costs and employee down time associated with wiping the drive, reimaging the hard disk and reinstalling the operating system and application software.
- Enhanced Performance and Security: Endpoint Security Suite Enterprise uses a fraction of the system resources, such as CPU or memory, associated with anti-virus and traditional malware solutions. Local detection with no need for a constant cloud connection ensures mobile workers can work where and how they want without worry.
Brett Hansen, Executive Director, Data Security Solutions, Dell
“The growing complexity of BIOS-specific attacks, and with new malware variants possessing the ability to reinstall themselves within the BIOS, organizations need a more sophisticated way to know that their systems have not been compromised. Dell’s unique post-boot BIOS verification technology for its commercial PCs gives IT the assurance that employees’ systems are secure every time they use the device, making them the most secure in the industry.”
Stuart McClure, CEO, Cylance
“The combined Dell and Cylance advanced threat protection capability makes for the world’s most secure computing platforms. Global organizations, through Dell, can now feel confident in their ability to prevent a cyber attack from being successful. Whether an errant email link via a phishing attempt, invisible web site malicious software download or advanced nation-state targeted attack, we can stop them.”
Ray Barth, Manager of Network Operations, Citation Oil & Gas
“The general availability of Dell Data Protection | Endpoint Security Suite Enterprise is a huge advantage for Dell customers. We were looking for an improved approach to endpoint protection and reduction/elimination of the time that support staff has to spend addressing endpoint breaches; we made a strategic decision to replace our legacy server and client software. After implementing Cylance we realized significant benefits in accuracy, visibility, and control. Incidents that have required support staff to put hands on a device have dropped to zero and dormant malware previously undiscovered has been blocked.”
Dell Data Protection | Endpoint Security Suite Enterprise is now available for both Dell commercial PCs and as a security solution across heterogeneous IT environments.
Dell Inc. listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.