Supercar delivers unprecedented levels of performance and technology
ZURICH – The Chevrolet Corvette Z06 is the most powerful and technologically advanced model in the iconic car’s 62-year history. The Z06 coupe will be offered at a suggested retail price of €99,500 while the convertible model will start at €104,500 (retail prices for Germany, please see attached list for country specific details). European Corvette dealers will start taking customer orders as of now and deliveries will begin in spring 2015.
“The new Corvette Z06’s performance and technical capabilities makes it one of today’s most desirable supercars,” said Thomas Sedran, President and Managing Director, Chevrolet and Cadillac Europe. “The new Z06 delivers 659 horsepower, 881 newton meter of torque, true aerodynamic downforce, carbon fiber and performance technologies such as Magnetic Ride Control, Performance Traction Management and an electronic limited slip differential. All of the above can be combined with an either 7-speed manual or the new 8-speed automatic transmission.”
Learnings from the Corvette Racing program were applied directly to the Corvette production version. The optional Z07 Performance Package adds even more track capability to the Z06. The Z07 Performance Package is available for €16,500, adding Brembo carbon ceramic-matrix brake rotors that improve braking performance and contribute to better handling through reduced unsprung weight. The package adds adjustable front and rear aerodynamic components for unprecedented aerodynamic downforce and Michelin Pilot Super Sport Cup tires for enhanced grip.
Most powerful, technologically advanced Corvette ever
The Z06 rejoins the Corvette lineup in 2015 with a strong aluminum frame, an aero package designed to produce performance-enhancing downforce and an all-new, supercharged 6.2L V-8 engine producing 659 horsepower (485 kW) and 881 Nm of torque.
To balance performance and efficiency, the Z06 leverages the same trio of advanced technologies introduced on the Corvette Stingray – direct injection, Active Fuel Management (cylinder deactivation) and continuously variable valve timing – and leverages them with a new, more efficient supercharger. Combined with the fuel-efficient multi-speed transmissions, aerodynamic design and lightweight construction, they help make the new Z06 surprisingly efficient.
The Corvette Z06 also leverages other technologies introduced on the Corvette Stingray, including the strategic use of lightweight materials and advanced driver technologies, with calibrations tailored for its capabilities. The aluminum frame structure, for example, is 20 percent stiffer than the previous, fixed-roof Z06.
Additional technologies support the car’s tremendous performance capabilities and enhance the driving experience, including:
- Third-generation Magnetic Selective Ride Control dampers are standard and can be adjusted for touring comfort or maximum track performance via the standard Driver Mode Selector
- Performance Traction Management is available in the Track mode of the Drive Mode Selector and offers five settings of torque reduction and brake intervention for track driving
- Launch control is available in Track mode for manual and automatic transmissions, providing maximum off-the-line acceleration
- An electronic limited-slip differential, also standard equipment on Z06, adjusts the rate at which the limited slip engages, to balance between steering response and stability in different driving conditions with more aggressive performance in Sport and Track modes.
Drivers can monitor the Z06’s performance without taking their eyes off the road via a standard color head-up display that, among the range of performance readouts, displays a g-meter in Track mode.
The Z06 also offers the award-winning, industry-first Performance Data Recorder – or PDR – which enables users to record high-definition video, with telemetry overlays, of their driving experiences on the track.
* The Performance Data Recorder System is an optional feature, which is not included in the standard equipment. The driver has to ensure compliance with privacy law and other applicable laws when using the PDR System. Such laws may in particular restrict or exclude the use of the PDR-System on public streets.
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is the world’s fourth largest car brand with annual sales of almost 5 million cars and trucks in more than 140 countries. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature spirited performance, expressive design, high quality and Chevrolet MyLink intelligent connectivity. Its European line-up includes the Spark and Aveo city cars, the Trax small SUV, the compact Cruze, the Orlando family van, the Captiva compact SUV, the Malibu mid-size sedan, the legendary Camaro and Corvette sports cars and the extended-range Volt electric car.