Burberry and LINE today announced the launch of a global partnership beginning with a platform first; the live stream of Burberry’s upcoming Prorsum womenswear show, direct from London.
Burberry and LINE stated that they will be partnering to offer LINE users in Japan unique creative content and real time technology to bring users closer to the luxury British brand.
Burberry Chief Creative and Chief Executive Officer Christopher Bailey said; “I am delighted that we are working closely together with LINE – a company we have long admired for their innovation and creativity. This exciting collaboration will help us share our rich heritage and culture of design by building a very personal relationship with audiences in Japan.”
New streaming functionality – Burberry live from London on LINE LIVE CAST
Users of Burberry’s LINE Official Account will be able to watch the Burberry Prorsum Autumn/Winter 2015 Womenswear runway show, live from London Fashion Week on 23 February. Using the mobile live cast functionality LINE LIVE CAST, viewers in Japan will be able to experience the show in real time.
Exclusive Burberry LINE Stickers
In addition, Burberry has collaborated with LINE to create a series of Cony and Brown digital stickers, with both characters dressed in iconic Burberry trench coats and cashmere scarves designed for the platform. The stickers will be available exclusively to LINE users in Japan from mid-February.
LINE Chief Executive Officer Akira Morikawa said:
“We are extremely pleased to be recognised as a powerful and stable platform by Burberry, one of the most innovative global luxury brands, and to be able to partner with them to achieve a variety of initiatives. This is a huge step for LINE as it continues to grow its brand and expand globally. We look forward to working with Burberry to provide users with uniquely enjoyable and revolutionary experiences achieved by connecting an increasingly smartphone-oriented fan base with one-of-a-kind luxury fashion available both in-store and online.”
Burberry is beginning a new chapter in Japan in 2015. From June, the brand’s licensed products will be replaced with the Burberry global product offering including its British made heritage trench coats and scarves.
Burberry has a long-term commitment to Japan, where it currently has sixteen stores including stores in Kobe, Ginza Marronnier Dori and Roppongi in Tokyo. Most recently the brand opened a new store in Omotesando, Tokyo in November 2014.
LINE has expanded its user base across the globe, achieving more than 181 million active monthly users.
- Established in 1856, Burberry is a global British luxury brand with a heritage of innovation, craftsmanship and design. The Burberry business comprises 5 divisions: menswear, womenswear, childrenswear, accessories and beauty
- Burberry is headquartered in London and listed on the London Stock Exchange (BRBY.L), Burberry is a constituent of the FTSE 100 index
- In June 2015 Burberry licences in Japan will expire, following which Burberry will be expanding its global product offering in the country
- Burberry Prorsum Autumn/Winter 2015 Womenswear runway show will be held on 23 February 22:00 JPT
- LINE Corporation is based in Japan and develops and operates the LINE app for smartphones
- Since launching in June 2011, the LINE app has grown into a global service, used in 230 countries, ranking first in the free app category in 69 countries
- LINE includes a wide array of social elements such as fun and expressive stickers, a personal Home, a Timeline, and numerous LINE family apps, including LINE games and LINE camera
About Burberry’s LINE Official Account
- Burberry’s LINE Official Account (LINE ID : @burberry_jp / Supported Region : Japan / Supported Language : Japanese) launched on 13th January 2015 to offer LINE users unique creative content and the latest real time technology to bring users closer to the luxury British brand.