- Apple Vision Pro launched on February 2nd, 2024, in the US, with pre-orders available online and in-store demos at Apple retail stores.
- Priced starting at $3,499 for the 256GB storage version.
- Features immersive mixed reality experience with intuitive controls including eye tracking, hand gestures, and voice recognition.
- Early reviews highlight immersive experience and vast potential, but note high price and limited content library at launch.
- No official announcement for see-through AR glass from Apple; experts speculate potential launch between 2025 and 2027.
- Form factor rumors suggest clamshell design or larger, tablet-like fold.
- Uncertainties remain regarding international release date, technology, market reception, and pricing for both Vision Pro and potential AR glass.
Apple’s highly anticipated Vision Pro has recently made its debut in the United States, marking a significant leap forward in the realm of mixed reality technology. While the Vision Pro offers a tantalizing glimpse into the future of spatial computing, the dream of a true see-through augmented reality (AR) glass remains on the horizon.
Here’s a comprehensive breakdown of the current landscape and what lies ahead.
Vision Pro Overview
Launched on February 2nd, 2024, exclusively in the US, the Vision Pro is available for pre-order online and for in-store demos and purchases at Apple retail stores. With a starting price of $3,499 for the 256GB storage version, this groundbreaking device promises a mixed reality experience that seamlessly blends the digital and physical worlds.
Key Features and Reviews
Early reviews of the Vision Pro highlight its immersive experience, intuitive controls, and vast potential for various applications. However, the device’s hefty price tag and limited content library at launch have been noted as downsides.
See-through AR Glass
Despite the excitement surrounding the Vision Pro, Apple has yet to announce any concrete plans for a see-through AR glass. Experts speculate a potential launch between 2025 and 2027, with the form factor likely to resemble either a clamshell design or a larger, tablet-like fold.
Uncertainties and Future Developments
Several uncertainties loom over the future of mixed reality technology, including the exact international release date for the Vision Pro and the technology used in future AR glasses. Additionally, the market reception of both products, given their premium price points, remains to be seen.
As developments in mixed reality technology continue to unfold, the Vision Pro offers a tantalizing glimpse into what the future may hold. While a true see-through AR glass from Apple may still be a few years away, the potential for innovation and transformation in how we interact with technology and the world around us is undeniable. Stay tuned for further updates on this exciting frontier of technological advancement.
For more information on the Apple Vision Pro, visit the official website.