NEW OFFERS, INCLUDING UP TO $680 IN ADDITIONAL VALUE FOR BUSINESS PLATINUM CARDMEMBERS, FOCUS ON CATEGORIES THAT HELP BUSINESSES GET THE MOST OUT OF BEING A CARDMEMBER
As businesses face new and unprecedented challenges, American Express Canada is introducing limited-time offers and solutions to bring greater value to Small Business Cardmembers. These updates, which are currently available to eligible Small Business Cardmembers, aim to address the changing needs of today’s businesses, including limitations on travel and changes to spending habits.
“This is a crucial time for businesses as they work to overcome the many challenges brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic, which is why we remain focused on supporting businesses throughout this difficult time,” said Paul Roman, Vice President and General Manager, Global Commercial Services, American Express Canada. “To continue delivering value to businesses when they need it most, we’re evolving our products to meet the changing needs of today’s businesses.”
The following offers and solutions are currently available to eligible Business Cardmembers.
BUSINESS PLATINUM MERCHANT OFFERS
American Express is offering up to $680 in additional value for Business Platinum Cardmembers and their evolving needs in the areas that matter most right now with access to statement credits earned on purchases made at select electronics, shipping and wireless merchants. This includes:
• $250 statement credit toward purchases with Dell Technologies: Business Platinum Cardmembers can use their Registered Card to spend at least $250 in qualifying purchases (after taxes) online at www.dell.ca/amex or via a Dell Technologies Advisor at 1-800-296-7154 by August 27, 2020 and earn a one-time $250 statement credit.
• Up to $270 in statement credits toward purchases with FedEx: Business Platinum Cardmembers can use their Registered Card to make a qualifying purchase (after taxes) of at least $45 online at fedex.ca or at participating FedEx location(s) by December 31, 2020 and earn a $45 statement credit. Cardmembers can earn a maximum of six statement credits per Registered Card during the offer period for a total value of up to $270.
• Up to $160 in statement credits toward purchases with Mobile Service Providers: Business Platinum Cardmembers can use their Registered Card to spend at least $40 in qualifying purchases (after taxes) at participating mobile service providers in Canada by December 31, 2020 and earn a $40 statement credit. Cardmembers can earn a maximum of four statement credits per Registered Card during the offer period for a total value of up to $160.
To take advantage of these offers, Cardmembers must log into their Online Services account or the American Express Mobile App and register their eligible Card in the Amex Offers section. For more information please visit.
MEMBERSHIP REWARDS INCREASED REDEMPTION RATE
All Small Business and Corporate Cardmembers enrolled in the Membership Rewards program can now enjoy a redemption rate of 1,000 Membership Reward points for $10 towards Amazon Shop with Points as well as be able to use fewer points to redeem for Amex Prepaid Gift Cards until September 30, 2020.
WELCOME BONUS OFFER PERIOD EXTENSION
American Express has temporarily extended the offer period that welcome bonuses can be earned on recently acquired or upgraded Small Business Cards.
• Cards that originally had a Welcome Bonus offer period of 3 months and were acquired or upgraded between January 22, 2020 to June 30, 2020, now have 6 months to earn their Welcome Bonus.
• Cards that originally had a Welcome Bonus offer period of 4 months and were acquired or upgraded between December 23, 2019 to June 30, 2020, now have 6 months to earn their Welcome Bonus.
Source: American Express