Adobe Scan Turns Paper into Intelligent Digital Documents, Integrates with Acrobat DC and Adobe Sign
As the workplace of the future unfolds and digital transformation takes hold both at the office and in our personal lives, smartphones and tablets are increasingly relied upon to get real work done from anywhere – whether digitizing tax documents, capturing receipts to submit an expense report or getting a sales contract signed before the quarter ends. People need powerful, integrated mobile apps and services that help them be more productive no matter where they are.
Addressing this need, Adobe (NASDAQ:ADBE) today unveiled major innovations in Adobe Document Cloud, delivering intuitive experiences that help people get work done from anywhere. Document Cloud lets you work across its integrated cloud services, mobile and desktop apps. Leading the new line-up are innovations in Adobe Sign, setting a new bar for ease of use and mobility, and Adobe Scan, a new free app that delivers a modern document experience, turning your mobile device into an intelligent scanning and text-recognition tool.
“Documents are the lifeblood of society, communicating information that spans contracts, textbooks, financial statements and everything in between,” said Abhay Parasnis, chief technology officer, Adobe. “The challenge is unlocking the intelligence that lives in those documents, and extracting meaning that can be searched, analyzed and incorporated into digital workflows. Adobe Scan, powered by Adobe Sensei’s intelligent services, represents a critical step toward our broader innovation imperative for Adobe Document Cloud.”
Introducing Adobe Scan – Powered by Adobe Sensei
Turn your phone or tablet into a scanning tool that automatically recognizes text. Capture images in a snap and transform them into brilliantly clear Adobe PDFs. Available on iOS and Android, Adobe Scan connects you to the world’s best PDF services, created by the people who invented PDF. See Adobe Scan in action and try it for yourself. With Adobe Scan you can:
- Scan anything into high-quality PDFs with your mobile device. Automatically capture a shopping receipt, paper document, business card or whiteboard, or choose an image from your camera roll and Adobe Scan will do the rest. Powered by Adobe Sensei’s intelligent services, Adobe Scan automates boundary detection, auto-crop and capture, perspective correction and auto-clean, removing shadows and making text crisp and clear.
- Capture scanned text with free automatic text recognition (OCR). Snap a picture of any document or anything with printed text and Adobe Scan will automatically convert it into digital text that can be selected, copied or annotated with Acrobat Reader DC or Acrobat DC. The content then becomes searchable and reusable in a secure and reliable Adobe PDF.
- Do more with your scans and connect with the world’s best document services from Adobe. Use the free Adobe Scan app and a free Adobe Document Cloud account to automatically upload, store, share and access your scanned files online. Subscribers to Acrobat DC can also unlock powerful functionality to edit and organize documents, collect signatures and much more. Scan on your phone and upload to Document Cloud to edit on your laptop then continue working with the document on your tablet. And take advantage of new mobile functionality in Adobe Sign to automatically sign and send documents from any device.
“Adobe Scan represents a radical reimagination of how to capture your most important document content,” said Bryan Lamkin, executive vice president and general manager, Digital Media at Adobe. “Adobe invented PDF creation for PCs, and with Adobe Scan we’re doing the same for a mobile-first world. As part of Adobe Document Cloud, new apps like Adobe Scan integrate with services in Adobe Sign and Acrobat DC, offering a modern document experience with unprecedented value to our customers.”
Adobe Sign Defines New Industry Standards, Delivers Massive ROI
Adobe Sign makes it easy to automate every task in a document workflow, from e-signatures and approvals to filling out forms and certified document delivery. And Adobe Sign delivers impressive cost savings with significant productivity gains for customers. A commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of Adobe found that companies experienced benefits of $2 million over three years, with an ROI of 383 percent when using Adobe Sign, including a significantly reduced environmental impact. Read more in the study, “The Total Economic Impact of Adobe Sign.”
Today, Adobe is once again setting a new bar for ease of use and mobility with Adobe Sign capabilities that are first in the industry.
- Cloud-based digital signatures – Previously offered as a customer preview, Adobe Sign now delivers the world’s first cloud-based digital signatures based on an open standard. Digital signatures, the most advanced and secure type of electronic signatures, are now available in any browser or on any mobile device.
- Cross-device signature capture – Easily capture a handwritten signature electronically, even when your computer isn’t touch-enabled. Send a text message to your mobile device and sign with your finger or a stylus, then finish the job back on your desktop. One tap adds it to your document automatically.
- Customizable email templates – Extend your brand and personalize customer interactions with fully-customizable email templates for requesting and confirming signatures. Give your marketing department full control to use your logo, banner images, custom messages and other visual treatments to create an experience that is unique to your brand.
- Business stamps – Improve compliance by letting participants add a visible business stamp to your document or form, such as a ‘received’ image or a company seal, or a personal identifier such as a Hanko stamp in Japan.
- Integration with ServiceNow – Accelerate onboarding and improve customer service by adding Adobe Sign to your ServiceNow workflows. Send contracts, agreements, and new hire forms directly from ServiceNow.
About Adobe Document Cloud
At the heart of Adobe Document Cloud is Acrobat DC, the world’s best PDF solution; Adobe Sign, the leading solution that makes it easy to automate every task in a document workflow; and companion mobile apps like Adobe Scan and Adobe Acrobat Reader that help people get work done from anywhere. Acrobat, together with Acrobat Reader, is one of the most widely distributed pieces of software, used on over a billion desktops and mobile devices, and more than six billion digital and electronic signature transactions are processed through Document Cloud each year. Global businesses like Deloitte, Diners Club, MasterCard, Perkins Cole, The Royal Bank of Scotland and Verizon are using Adobe Document Cloud and Adobe Sign to digitize customer experiences. With data centers in the U.S., UK, Germany, Japan and Australia, organizations around the world rely on Document Cloud and Adobe Sign for fast, secure and mobile e-signatures from anywhere.
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.