- Introducing a sleek, new, all-metal design for the Platinum Card.
- New benefits include complimentary, roundtrip limousine rides to Suvarnabhumi or Don Muang airports two times a year, and an international roaming SIM card for up to 15 days of unlimited data access two times a year
- Dining credits worth THB 5,000 at The Waldorf Astoria Bangkok
American Express is introducing a brand-new version of its flagship Platinum Card in a sleek all-metal form and with added benefits for Card Members. The Card will offer enhanced rewards, upgraded travel experiences, and better connections with its Platinum Travel Service.
The new benefits, effective January 2020, are valued at more than THB 70,000, or two times of its annual fee. The new metal card will be available in the second quarter of 2020.
“Today’s Platinum Card Members aren’t just interested in material possessions, they are looking for the most meaningful experiences. Lifestyle and travel have always been at the forefront of our Card Members’ minds and American Express is seeking to reinvent what luxury means. The new metal American Express Platinum Card is also reflective of that direction,” said Mr Marlin Brown, Vice President and Thailand Country Manager, American Express.
UPGRADED TRAVEL BENEFITS
New benefits for Platinum Card Members include complimentary, roundtrip limousine rides twice a year to Suvarnabhumi Airport or Don Muang Airport. In addition, frequent travelers will enjoy complimentary international roaming SIM card with up to 15 days of unlimited data access, twice a year, when they book their international flights through American Express Platinum Travel Service.
In addition, Card Members continue to enjoy 1 for 1 business class roundtrip flights to Hong Kong or Singapore once each year.
Further enhancing the modern luxury lifestyle experience, The Platinum Card offers Card Members a THB 5,000 dining credit at the new Waldorf Astoria Bangkok, located at the heart of the cosmopolitan Pathum Wan District. The dining credit will be in the form of five THB 1,000 vouchers to be used one at a time with no minimum spending requirement at participating restaurants.
Additionally, with the Dine 2 Pay 1 program, Platinum Card Members can also enjoy a Sunday brunch at three selected hotels:
- Sala Rim Naam at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok
- Embassy Room, Park Hyatt Bangkok
- Up & Above, Okura Prestige Bangkok
The new privileges are in addition to the existing Platinum Card Member benefits such as:
- 5x Rewards on Overseas Spending: Card Members will receive five times more Membership Rewards points for spending after the first THB 500,000 from 1 January – 31 December 2020, capped at 67,500 points.
- Airport Lounges under the Global Lounge Collection: With access to more than 1,200 airport lounges in more than 500 cities across 130 countries, including American Express’ own Centurion Lounges in the Hong Kong International Airport (HKG) and Philadelphia International Airport (PHL). The Global Lounge Collection provides access to the most airport lounges from any card. From this year, the Centurion Lounge will also be available at the John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) in New York, Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and London’s Heathrow Airport. In 2020, the Centurion Lounge will be opened at North Carolina’s Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) and Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX).
- Fine Hotels and Resorts: Platinum Members receive valuable perks, including complimentary daily breakfast for two and guaranteed 4pm late checkout when they book a stay at a Fine Hotels and Resorts property with The Platinum Travel Service.
- Travel Insurance Coverage up to THB 25 million: This policy is underwritten by Chubb Samaggi Insurance and takes the hassle out of travel to Europe as the policy provides the necessary insurance required for a Schengen State visa.
For full benefits, terms, and conditions, visit https://www.americanexpress.com/th/en/platinum-card.
Source: American Express